PDA

View Full Version : Fun sucker!!

minnie04
05-19-2015, 11:52 AM
I just mentioned to my DH that we have nothing planned for this weekend, SO we should just head up to Orlando.... BIG MISTAKE!!! He of course started in with the cost, HEAT, AND the fact that we are going all the time..:(: Well I'm going all the time..lol I just hate sitting home all weekend doing nothing. I will be going up next week with DS11 school, but only for the day and I wanted to do something this weekend. From looking at the hotels pretty much sold out. I think it's going to be crowded this weekend, but I figured we could really use this time as a stay at the resort and hang by the pool. Kind of a resort vacation. I’m working on that. He is game for going somewhere and pricing things out Disney is the cheapest right now. Compared to other Florida resort vacations this weekend. I just feel there is so much more than just the parks to do in Orlando ahhh Why didn't I just book something before calling him..lol this way it would have been too late to cancel. Hmmm I’m going to have to be tricky and convince him that this is a good thing. Wish me luck…:mickey:

P.S. my DS 19 just got back from college and has asked already when are we going to Orlando.. Maybe I will just leave DH home and take the kids… it’s a thought!!!

I will give it to him. He does make a good point we do go all the time and it gets a little costly, but really that's why I got the AP.. so we could just go on a dime ..

disneymom15
05-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Good luck

missymouseworld
05-19-2015, 01:06 PM
I I will give it to him. He does make a good point we do go all the time and it gets a little costly, but really that's why I got the AP.. so we could just go on a dime ..

If I lived that close, I would definitely go!!

Pirate Granny
05-19-2015, 07:22 PM
Ahhhhhh the 24 hour Memorial Day MK park may bring in the crowds...

Katzateer
05-20-2015, 07:35 AM
I would go for it! A resort only vacation is so fun. One year my daughter and I were there on Christmas Day and rode the monorail to get to a breakfast. Watching the masses going into the park and knowing we were having a relaxing day was wonderful.

AgentC
05-20-2015, 09:24 AM
I don't know how much you want to spend or if they have any availability left but the Four Seasons has Florida Resident rates starting at $279. It is right near the parks and definitely relaxing.

MNNHFLTX
05-20-2015, 09:44 AM
I don't think I would want to go to the parks this weekend, but hanging out at the resort and hitting Downtown Disney might be nice. Good luck!

minnie04
05-20-2015, 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone :mickey: I spoke to him about it last night at dinner with his Friend. His friend was talking about going he has twin DD (9), so there were pros and cons about going this weekend. I guess will have to see what happens. He called this morning and I said I was booking the room and he really didn't say anything ...lol it was funny to hear my DH talking about going with the AP's tell him how we just hop around and ride whatever and leave, so I’m thinking if it's that easy then LETS GO!!

I knew he deep down he loved Disney!! It was too funny watching two grown men talking about rides and things they like and don’t like about Disney. But both agreed in the end they really like getting away and have a lot of fun once they are there.:mickey: