PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training Academy

andypooh
05-15-2015, 11:18 AM
Will be in WDW in just over a month. My 6 year old wants to do the Jedi Training Academy. Where do we sign up for this? Can we pick the time we want to do it?
Thanks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-15-2015, 11:40 AM
From the disney site (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/star-wars-jedi-training-academy/):

Calling all potential Padawans: Visit ABC Sound Studio early in the day and reserve your spot in the Academy!

To register, report to the queue outside ABC Sound Studio at park opening. Twelve Guests between the ages of 4 and 12 years of age will be selected for each show. The young Jedis-to-be are then instructed to arrive 30 minutes prior to the assigned show so that they can receive further special instructions.

Be sure to register early! The Academy has limited capacity, so it’s first come, first sabered.

Please note: All Guests who wish to sign up for the Jedi Training Academy must be physically present during registration.

It is a "sign-up first thing in the morning" since times do go quickly. You can pick the time that best fits your schedule, but be prepared for times to be limited, even if you head there as soon as the park opens ... lots of people will also be heading that way!

andypooh
05-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Thanks
I am trying to picture it but where exactly is the ABC sound studio?

Strmchsr
05-15-2015, 12:00 PM
The ABC Sound Studio is in between Indiana Jones and Star Tours. If you walk past Indy the Studio will be on your right as you walk towards Star Tours. There are signs (and a massive crowd) headed to the same place. Just follow every other family with a young child. :D And, as noted, better be there and in line before park opening or all the slots will be gone.

azcavalier
05-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Thanks
I am trying to picture it but where exactly is the ABC sound studio?

Yep, as you enter the park and head towards The Great Movie Ride, once you get to that open plaza, hang a sharp left, as if you are heading towards Indiana Jones and Star Tours. You know that area that has the busts of all of those TV greats? It's right there.

You can pick you time as long as the time you want isn't already full. We did this last trip and had four kids sign up for it. It was a blast!