PDA

View Full Version : When?

Disney-Nut
05-14-2015, 09:43 PM
Next question. I'm looking to go in january 2018 but a couple in the group looking to go is wanting to go in november 2017. I know it would be 2 months closer :thumbsup: but when would the better time to go. Crowds the lowest and least amount of possible rain? Is it just as cheap to go in november as it would be in january?

manutd1
05-14-2015, 11:27 PM
IMHO, November. :thumbsup: November, often will be a good time for discounts. Keep an eye out for emails..etc

Strmchsr
05-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Nov the weather would be better (historically) and you'd have Christmas decorations. Crowds are hard to say. Depends on when you go. In general Nov crowds aren't bad except around Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Week, and "Jersey Week." Jan has gotten more crowded with the South American tour groups and you'd want to avoid marathon weekend, but crowds still aren't bad. Overall, I'd probably give the crowd edge to January, but all other advantages to Nov.

Maddie
05-15-2015, 10:32 AM
I have gone in January the past 4 times and you never know what you are going to get with weather. We have had sleet and snow. All 4 years we needed a jacket and could not use the pool. So, this year I am going in November for Wine and Dine half marathon. I am excited to experience the food and wine festival in Epcot and hoping for some pool weather! Not to mention, free dining in November is likely. January is not that crowded though in the scheme of things, just weather differences.

Ms. Mode
05-15-2015, 11:16 AM
We have been during October and November and had lovely weather both times. The crowds at F&W can get a bit large on the weekends, but not to bad during the week.

chefmickey3
05-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Another vote for November. Food and Wine and some Christmas decorations are draws. Crowds are good. In January, you have to deal with potential weather delays due to snow/ice/deicing the plane if you are flying. You need to pack more for the cooler weather. I also second the comment about the South American tour groups. It is also down time for many popular rides - Splash Mountain in particular goes dark in January each year. We have done both and have agreed that we would never return in January.

Disney-Nut
05-17-2015, 08:12 AM
Dont wont to go with the christmas decorations. What about maybe early october? Im basically looking for the least amount of crowds and no super hot days either, grrr

Strmchsr
05-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Early October has gotten quite crowded with the MNSSHP and F&WF. And it can also still be quite hot during that time. I was shocked the last 2 years at how crowded October has suddenly become. If you don't want Christmas decorations or hot weather then mid to late Jan would be your best option.

azcavalier
05-18-2015, 10:00 AM
November will be lower crowds and better weather.

January can get cold. Early January is still super busy. That's when they do the runDisney events. Mid-to-late January would be OK, but still can get cold. And I do mean, "It's 32 degrees while we're standing here waiting for the park to open" type cold.

Disney-Nut
05-18-2015, 06:14 PM
Sorry for the question, i do appreciate the answer's though. About when do they start putting up the christmas decorations in november, like as soon as haloween is over or is there like a week of now decorations? I just cants seem to get some people in my party to like my idea of january. I dont want to be in disney with the christmas decorations. Thansk

BrerGnat
05-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Sorry for the question, i do appreciate the answer's though. About when do they start putting up the christmas decorations in november, like as soon as haloween is over or is there like a week of now decorations? I just cants seem to get some people in my party to like my idea of january. I dont want to be in disney with the christmas decorations. Thansk

Usually right around Veterans day is when the decorations and Holiday festivities kick off. It's often the second Friday of the month.

Strmchsr
05-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Usually right around Veterans day is when the decorations and Holiday festivities kick off. It's often the second Friday of the month.

Correct. So the decorations begin going up Nov 1 and they're mostly finished (at least at MK) by the time the parties start. If you don't want Christmas at all then scratch November.