PDA

View Full Version : Fabric magic band covers or "skins" ???

Tinkerkel
05-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Are the fabric magic band covers still available in the parks? I don't remember seeing them on our last trip this past March. Also, does anyone have experience with the "skins" available on various websites? Thanks so much for any input :mickey:

azcavalier
05-14-2015, 09:50 AM
There were some of the covers, but not many. It seemed like they were more pushing the limited edition printed MagicBands. The Belle one was awesome.

I've never seen any skins for them.

Speedy1998
05-14-2015, 12:42 PM
They were there in March.

TracyL
06-24-2015, 06:07 PM
I don't specifically remember seeing them or not seeing them in mid-May when I was there last. I will note that I have a couple of them, and you have to be especially careful when you use them that the band closes and stays closed. The fabric can interfere with the snap (for lack of a better word for the little knob and hole that closes the bands) and make them susceptible to coming open/off.

I think the fabric is supposed to be thin enough that you can snap closed through it, but that has not been my experience.

KAJUNKING
06-25-2015, 12:43 PM
It seems with the new bands for sale thats what disney seems to be pushing over the covers. I have seen lots of great ideas on facebook on different ways to decorate the bands yourself. :mickey:

morrismhs
06-25-2015, 01:59 PM
I just got skins from a "magic your band" site. They have a few to pick from and you can customize. I was even able to get a medical alert one for my DH

Terra
06-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Yeah I didn't see many and I went for a day trip about a month ago.
I hate to say this though, I thought they looked cheaply sewn, like I could do that myself with a thread and needle at home. Am I crazy?

hauntedmansiongirl
06-26-2015, 02:07 AM
I bought the sticker ones to decorate a plain band and it peeled off within a day. So don't waste any money on those!