PDA

View Full Version : DVC information while in Disney World

DANAM
05-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Has anyone actually spoke with someone while they were at Disney about buying into the DVC? I see the podiums all over. My DH and I are very interested and would like to see what there is to offer. We have been several times but never really considered DVC before. For what reason I can not tell you. But at the same time I don't want to be hassled into buying something or committing to something right then and there. I am really just wondering if you can walk up and talk to someone and be on your way. I don't want to devote a day to it. Is this at all possible?

Yo Mickey!
05-12-2015, 12:13 PM
we own dvc but stop by to ask questions from time to time and they are extremely helpful and i've never felt pressured. they may ask for your info and send you a packet but that's about it. of course they will take you on a tour if you want as well...but if you are clear up front that you just want more info on dvc, inventory at the various places, etc...you will be fine.

the most important thing to me -- figure out where you would like to own. see if they have inventory, and if not, take a look at the secondary market. i am guessing if you really want a property they will have some inventory though.

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Has anyone actually spoke with someone while they were at Disney about buying into the DVC? I see the podiums all over. My DH and I are very interested and would like to see what there is to offer. We have been several times but never really considered DVC before. For what reason I can not tell you. But at the same time I don't want to be hassled into buying something or committing to something right then and there. I am really just wondering if you can walk up and talk to someone and be on your way. I don't want to devote a day to it. Is this at all possible?
When i first took the DVC tours, I can honestly tell you I never felt pressured to buy... I've been hearing lately from people taking the tours in recent months, they have resorted into pressuring... Can't tell you how true that is though, can only give you my experience... I sat with a DVC agent, he went over all the numbers for me, the perks, the program.... Gave me the paper work, and never made me feel as if I needed to sign right then and there... I told him I needed time, and he was perfectly fine with that... I took the documents home with me to review... Never felt like I had a gun to my head...

I'd recommend you take the tour... That way you can sit in a conference room, one on one with the DVC agent... That way you can ask any and all questions while in the comfort of a room, instead of standing in a hot, crowded theme park...

DANAM
05-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Oh good this is what I was hoping to hear. I honestly wouldn't have even thought to take the tour but I may will plan on doing that.

Thanks for the info. Intercot always has all the answers :mickey:

Priority Four
05-12-2015, 03:11 PM
When we bought on '02, we met a salesperson early in the morning. Like 7:00am and got the info. Our kids were with the Grandparents and we met them at MK at rope drop. We even got a few fast passes for our group. NO pressure. Great experience all the way through. Our Adviser talked me into buying at BC instead of HH which I wanted and was what I think they were trying to sell out at the time. Every time I book at the eleven month window I thank the Good Lord for that guy.

faline
05-12-2015, 06:17 PM
We were not ready to buy when we did our tour of DVC while at Disney World. We made it very clear up front that we only wanted to tour a DVC unit and get information on vaction club. We did not feel pressured during the process and even got a $100 gift card out of it (The promo they were offering at the time to take the tour).

Fangorn
05-12-2015, 07:17 PM
We were there just a couple of weeks ago and decided to take the tour just for the fun of it. DW approached a DVC CM at a kiosk while I was in the restroom, got an information packet and arranged to take the tour the next afternoon. They were going to pick us up at our resort (CSR), but we ended up having lunch at Kona (last minute decision) and stopped by the DVC kiosk in the Poly lobby to have them pick us there instead. But since we were already at the Poly, instead of picking us up and taking us to the DVC center in SSR, we ended up just touring the studios at the Poly and talking to the folks there.

No pressure. Lots of questions asked and answered. Met some very nice people. Got a $50 gift card and 8 VIP FP+ to use anytime over the next 4 days.

It was actually a pleasant experience and definitely a nice way to spend a couple of hours.

Steve

FiggyFan
05-12-2015, 10:23 PM
Similar experience here. We took the tour while on vacation in the summer of 2000. At the time, we were regular visitors to the Poly. Our guide actually told us that if we wanted to stay at the Poly (no DVC there at the time) that we might be better off skipping DVC. He highlighted that the real benefit of DVC comes from staying at the DVC resorts.

We thought it over and did not decide to purchase until November, so we called the guide from home to start the process. While on the tour, and during the several months while we were thinking it over, we were not pressured at all.

DANAM
05-13-2015, 09:36 PM
We were there just a couple of weeks ago and decided to take the tour just for the fun of it. DW approached a DVC CM at a kiosk while I was in the restroom, got an information packet and arranged to take the tour the next afternoon. They were going to pick us up at our resort (CSR), but we ended up having lunch at Kona (last minute decision) and stopped by the DVC kiosk in the Poly lobby to have them pick us there instead. But since we were already at the Poly, instead of picking us up and taking us to the DVC center in SSR, we ended up just touring the studios at the Poly and talking to the folks there.

No pressure. Lots of questions asked and answered. Met some very nice people. Got a $50 gift card and 8 VIP FP+ to use anytime over the next 4 days.

It was actually a pleasant experience and definitely a nice way to spend a couple of hours.

Steve
I think we may just try doing this. I am actually very interested in the Poly DVC. We have 3 ADR's at Kona so I will be sure to ask while we are there.

Fangorn
05-13-2015, 11:52 PM
I think we may just try doing this. I am actually very interested in the Poly DVC. We have 3 ADR's at Kona so I will be sure to ask while we are there.

If you do, ask if Tim is available. That's who we spoke to. Super nice.

Steve

John
05-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Just a tip... Take the tours, decide which resort you'd like to buy in at and then go Resale through our sponsor the Timeshare store. You will save a lot if money if you are patient. That's how we bought in at Hilton Head with only 60 points which is perfect for us. That gets us 4 nights and 5 days during the season we most go and more if we go off peak.

Just wanted to point out that is an option. Plus you could never buy that low a point value from the Mouse 😁

Happy DVC hunting.

Hammer
05-18-2015, 01:55 PM
Just a tip... Take the tours, decide which resort you'd like to buy in at and then go Resale through our sponsor the Timeshare store. You will save a lot if money if you are patient. That's how we bought in at Hilton Head with only 60 points which is perfect for us. That gets us 4 nights and 5 days during the season we most go and more if we go off peak.

Just wanted to point out that is an option. Plus you could never buy that low a point value from the Mouse 😁

Happy DVC hunting.
That's what I did as well. I bought my initial contract at SSR through the Timeshare Store after taking a DVC tour of the models. Then, after my Mom started to join us for Food and Wine after my Dad passed away, we added on a contract at OKW (same use year) to book larger (2 bedroom) accommodations. Both transactions were handled quickly and efficiently by the Timeshare Store. Would highly recommend them!