PDA

View Full Version : Housekeeping Supplies - DVC points rental

WiltonJohn
05-08-2015, 06:31 PM
In August 2015, we are staying for 9 nights in Animal Kingdom Lodge -Jambo House in a savannah-view deluxe studio via a DVC rental (done through the DVC Rental place Timeshare Store advertised here).

We've been at Disney many times, but in the past always had "regular" hotel rooms.

I am wondering about consumable stuff like hand and bath soap, paper towels, toilet paper, general cleaning supplies, garbage bags, and so on.

I know that they do minimal housekeeping for DVC rental places.....and in the 9 nights that will happen only twice. But I am wondering how we might get supplies like those if/when we need them?

Or.. should we be planning on bringing them?

best,

.................john

faline
05-08-2015, 06:35 PM
As a vacation club owner, we've often stayed in vacation club accommodations. To date, we've never had a problem with running out of supplies such as toilet paper or paper towels. Generally, we've also had enough shampoo etc though I often bring my own just because I prefer my own brands of items such as this.

VWL Mom
05-08-2015, 06:59 PM
I agree with Linda, we've never run out of paper products, toiletries or dish soap. If you do run out you can usually get some from housekeeping when you see them. I do bring my own laundry soap, coffee, and coffee filters though.

Pirate Granny
05-08-2015, 08:59 PM
They will not provide coffee or filters except on your cleaning days...day 4 total clean for your length of stay and day 8 towels, trash and soap and sometime another coffee.

Through the looking Glass
05-10-2015, 05:38 PM
sometimes if you catch house cleaning outside your room you can ask for more items. They are usally good with everything but coffee.

NewDVCowner
05-10-2015, 06:14 PM
I've never had any problems calling and asking for additional supplies.

WiltonJohn
05-12-2015, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. It is a new way of going to WDW for us... and wanted to get a bit of the "lay of the land".

best,

.................john