PDA

View Full Version : "Special" Activities for Kids at Animal Kingdom

cap carrie
05-07-2015, 03:04 PM
We're planning a vacation to Disney in late January/early February 2016. It will be the first time for my husband and three children (6, 4, 1), so I want to make the trip extra special and exciting! I'm hoping to do something "unique" and fun for the kids (at least the 6 and 4 year olds) in each park...Pirate's League in MK, drawing a Disney character at HS, completing a world passport at the Kidcot stations in EP. Just wondering, is there anything fun/special/unique that our kids could enjoy at Animal Kingdom similar to the little "extras" that are offered at other parks?

Thanks!

NewDVCowner
05-07-2015, 03:08 PM
At Rafiki's Planet Watch (you take a train out to that part of the park), there is a petting zoo with pigs and, I think, goats.

You could also do some sort of scavenger hunt for different animals at the Tree of Life.

sonamae80
05-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Definitely do the WIlderness Explorer scavenger hunt! The kids are given a booklet that gives them things to search for. They have to get stickers at each "station" once they've completed the task. I believe the main station to sign up and get the booklet is right after you cross the bridge, but before you reach the Tree of Life.

DANAM
05-07-2015, 07:56 PM
I agree Wilderness Explorers is just what your looking for. Its all over the park. They will love it.

Also, look into Sorcerers Mickey in the MK. You sign up in the fire house as soon as you enter MK. The kids get trading cards and you fight villians on hidden screens around each land. The 6 year old will get the concept but your 1 and 4 year old would probably enjoy it too. My kids are obsessed. I have a 3 prong folder with baseball card holders in it to keep the cards organized.

There is also something similar in Adventureland but you get pirate maps. I'm drawing a blank on the name. I'm sure someone on here can think of it.

Lizzie
05-07-2015, 08:03 PM
These are all great ideas.

PopPhan
05-08-2015, 07:39 AM
First off.....

:welcome: to INTERCOT!!! Hope you enjoy our little family.

Now, I will agree with the other posters on this thread and second the Wilderness Explorers Scavenger Hunt. It looked like a lot of fun and educational at the same time.

cap carrie
05-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Thanks, everyone! These are all great ideas! I went to Disney a lot growing up, and I can't wait for my children to experience it too!