PDA

View Full Version : CBR Beach /Pool in July

lawgirl
05-05-2015, 06:29 PM
We're taking a quick trip and staying at CBR for the first time in years. I'm worried that July in FL is going to be like July here...super hot and humid. Just wondering how its going to be walking around the resort during the day, and if the pool area - specifically the kids splash area is just going to be packed. It's been so long since I've been there. Are the pathways pretty shaded? I don't like being out in the sun a whole lot, but I do love being outside as long as its shaded.

We aren't morning people, so probably won't be up early to take advantage of the coolness. We usually go in Sept/Oct and Dec, so I'm really getting worried about the heat. I'm thinking definitely mid-day naps, then going out at night. No parks this time.

buzznwoodysmom
05-06-2015, 10:28 AM
We stayed at CBR a few times. From my experience there is not a whole lot of shade at this resort. Other than a few umbrellas at tables, I don't recall any shade at all at the main pool. Some of the quiet pools had a little shade provided from trees or table umbrellas. Most of the walking paths were not shaded as well. There was some shade in the courtyards in the different "villages", and shaded walk ways near the bus stops. There may also be a little shade on the island between Jamaica and the main pool. Keep in mind the last time we stayed at CBR was in 2012 so things may be different now.

Also, I would expect Orlando to be just as hot and humid as Tennessee, actually could be even worse! We have found that in the hotter summer months it is best to take your time and spend lots of time at the pool. On some of our summer trips we have slept in a bit, spent the main part of the day at the pool, grabbed lunch from the resort quick service, then had an early dinner in the parks and did our park touring after dinner when the sun and temps go down a bit. It makes the heat more tolerable and makes for a more relaxing vacation.

lawgirl
05-06-2015, 10:54 AM
I need to bring a big beach hat and a parasol! Thanks for the info.