PDA

View Full Version : Lights on in space mountain

Katzateer
05-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Just went through on people mover in MK. Lights on in Space Mountain. When lights go on do they shut down people mover? It shut down as soon as i got off- the line is lonnnnngg.

Priority Four
05-04-2015, 04:56 PM
I've seen that before. It did not look as I expected.

Speedy1998
05-05-2015, 12:32 PM
I think it depends on why Space Mountain shut down. For example if a train got stuck, I think Disney mgmt would prefer other guest did not see the rescue from TTA.

On the other hand TTA seems to be stopping/Breaking down alot in the last few years. So maybe it was just dumb luck that it shut down when you got off.

faline
05-05-2015, 12:47 PM
We've ridden through on the People Mover when Space Mountain is down and the lights are on. The People Mover did not shut down. On the other hand, I've been on the People Mover when it has broken down in that dark tunnel (Space Mountain lights are off) and it gets pretty dark sitting there just waiting!! (Eventually, they turned some emergency lights on which was helpful).

DANAM
05-05-2015, 04:09 PM
I rode Space Mountain with the lights on once. They came on just as we took off. Never again will I step foot on that ride. When you see how close you come to the other tracks. I just can not bring myself to go on it. My DH and kids have no problem with it but me no way. And I don't believe the ride shut down with the lights on. Because when we got back other people were being loaded. This was several years ago before it went down for that big rehab.

Stu29573
05-05-2015, 04:32 PM
I've seen it with the lights on. Actually, that's what convinced me to ride it, since I saw there were no big hills.

Main Street Jim
05-05-2015, 09:29 PM
I've seen it with the lights on. Actually, that's what convinced me to ride it, since I saw there were no big hills.The biggest drop is only 23 feet. :)

Kenny1113
05-05-2015, 09:45 PM
I rode Space Mountain with the lights on once. They came on just as we took off. Never again will I step foot on that ride. When you see how close you come to the other tracks. I just can not bring myself to go on it. My DH and kids have no problem with it but me no way. And I don't believe the ride shut down with the lights on. Because when we got back other people were being loaded. This was several years ago before it went down for that big rehab.

Even in the dark some of those tracks look close. I can't imagine with lights on.

Main Street Jim
05-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Even in the dark some of those tracks look close. I can't imagine with lights on.As a CM that opened the attraction every day for a year and a few months, walked the track, and rode the pre-opening ride every morning on one side or the other (just about), I can tell you that it is, indeed, a *scarier* ride. :ack:

magicofdisney
05-09-2015, 09:38 AM
I too have ridden TTA through with SM lights on. I was fascinated. I've always wondered, and never had the nerve to try it, if it's safe to raise your arms on this ride, like some do with traditional roller coaster?

joonyer
05-09-2015, 09:51 AM
I too have ridden TTA through with SM lights on. I was fascinated. I've always wondered, and never had the nerve to try it, if it's safe to raise your arms on this ride, like some do with traditional roller coaster?

Yes, many people do. Although it looks close, other tracks and cars are just out of reach. You may be able to touch the ceiling in the launch tube though. I have tried it and gotten a nasty little static electricity jolt!

Main Street Jim
05-10-2015, 05:30 PM
I too have ridden TTA through with SM lights on. I was fascinated. I've always wondered, and never had the nerve to try it, if it's safe to raise your arms on this ride, like some do with traditional roller coaster?Like Joonyer says, yes, you can touch the sides of the launch tube (I wouldn't recommend it, though, as there *are* some pretty rough seams between the separate plastic pieces), but, the ride track and the "re-entry tube" (red tube before "touchdown") are out of reach. I'm 5' 10", and I can walk through the entire track (on the catwalks, of course) standing up and not ducking under anything.

MNNHFLTX
05-11-2015, 10:51 PM
I have ridden Space Mountain three times with the lights on (the last time in March it did not appear that they were fully on, but dimly lit?) I have also been on the TTA once when the lights were on. It did not appear that either ride shut down at all. I think it's really fascinating to see the whole ride structure.

manutd1
05-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Lights...on or off....GREAT attraction!!!
Of course....always best lights off!!:thumbsup:

Katzateer
05-16-2015, 07:49 AM
After about 30 minutes I went to recheck line for TTA and it wasn't as long ( and Space Mountain was still down). Hopped on and got some great pictures. My first ride through I didn't have my camera out and was fascinated just looking around. The launch area is especially cool.

I have been on when TTA has stopped and emergency lights came on. I was just inside the tunnel. Do lights come on in SM when the TTA is stopped? Or is it just the tunnel area?