PDA

View Full Version : Is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party worth it?

mamamarie
05-03-2015, 03:49 PM
So we will be there for one of the Mickeys Christmas Party nights. We are trying to decide if we should spend the extra $300+ to do the party. What do they do there? Is it really worth or should we not bother?

Strmchsr
05-03-2015, 04:18 PM
That's such a difficult and individual question to answer. Some folks love it. Personally, I think the value is gone with the prices so high and they've increased capacity now to the point where the party is often way more crowded than a normal park day (The parade crowds are usually insane). It used to be you really felt like the party was something special with low crowds and great special events. Not really any longer. Rides aren't necessarily long waits but all the "special" stuff like character meets can be 45-60 min waits. I think the MNSSHP is worth it, but MVMCP really isn't. But that's us. I love the Christmas season there just isn't as much at the Christmas party as at the Halloween party. If you're a huge Christmas person you would probably enjoy it once but if you don't care about all the special shows and character meets I'd suggest skipping.

gatorinaz28
05-03-2015, 04:19 PM
For us, it is very worth it. Not only do we love the parade(s), but the ability to walk onto the rides is nice.

This last trip, we went to two parties. The second party was our planned MK night so that we could get all of the riding in that we wanted to.

cspenc28
05-04-2015, 06:29 AM
My husband and I love both the MVMCP and MNSSHP. We love the atmosphere, and everything about them. That said, it is a very individual thing, not everyone thinks the price is worth it. We do. Some people say that it's very crowded, but we have never found that to be the case. We love seeing characters that may not usually be out, we love the parade, the fireworks, and from what we have experienced, barely any wait for rides.

Pirate Granny
05-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Actually the parade is my favorite. I now watch the fireworks from TTOTW DVC lounge

DNS
05-05-2015, 11:46 AM
We really do not think it is worth it for us at the prices they charge. For us, I would say it is worth only about half the current ticket price. Just reading this post though you can see that everyone is different.

linedropper
05-06-2015, 11:46 PM
Im torn, I have been to many of the parties. Some have blown me away! Went to a Pirate and Princess party in 08, I think it was 08, but it was the best fireworks show ever! in 13 we went to christmas party and it felt short. Halloween parties are awesome, special characters! We love them!

:mickey:

PantherPete
05-14-2015, 09:52 PM
If you love Christmas and if you love Disney, it is not only worth it, it is bucket list worthy. I don't think I'll ever go to Disney at any time of year other than The Christmas season.

joonyer
05-14-2015, 09:59 PM
If you go after Dec. 20 (I think) you get the benefits of the party (parade, fireworks, etc.) with regular park admission. Late night hours every night, too. Crowded? yes, very. But still a load of fun, without the extra cost.

VacationDisney
05-21-2015, 12:07 PM
We have not been for a few years, but, if you have never been .....go at least once. It's so unique. You'll never see anything like it:number1:

mom2morgan
05-22-2015, 10:19 PM
oooh...that is tough. I'd say that one possible disadvantage not mentioned above is that you are booked for a specific night, so if the weather is awful, you are kind of stuck. We've never done the Christmas Party - but we did the Hallowe'en Party. I found it VERY crowded and it was POURING rain throughout. The first parade was cancelled and some rides didn't run. It was definitely a night I would have chosen to stay in on.

Katzateer
05-23-2015, 07:05 AM
We have not been for a few years, but, if you have never been .....go at least once. It's so unique. You'll never see anything like it:number1:

I agree. We went 10+ years in a row with our girls and MIL and it was our holiday tradition. We lived in different states and we looked forward to being together all year. Now we don't go but it makes me a little sad. Such great memories and I love the parades at both parties. I don't think the value is as good but still a lot of fun.

At the MVMCP you used to get a nice photo sent in the mail to you a few weeks after the party. The big buttons they gaveyou were nice- I madethem into magnets when we got home and it is fun to see the designs over theyears.They had booths where you could get little carnival type toys. One year our youngest won a teddy bear and she slept with it for years. The cookies and hot chocolate are good but now there aren't quite as many locations to get them ( they are free with park ticket). You could also get fruit packages ( grapes and apples).

SurferStitch
05-26-2015, 12:44 PM
Im torn, I have been to many of the parties. Some have blown me away! Went to a Pirate and Princess party in 08, I think it was 08, but it was the best fireworks show ever! in 13 we went to christmas party and it felt short. Halloween parties are awesome, special characters! We love them!

:mickey:

I have to agree with you about the P&PP fireworks in '08. They were amazing!! I've always said they were the best we've ever seen!!

DH and I feel that MVMCP and MNSSHP are worth the price. We love everything Christmas, and the parade is just so festive... really gets you in the Christmas spirit. We also love dressing up for Halloween, so that party is a must-do for us as well.

FairyGodmother
06-04-2015, 03:30 PM
I think that the MVMCP is worth every penny. My mom and I went for the first time last November and loved it! We really enjoyed getting to meet rare characters, going to the character dance parties and of course watching the parade and fireworks! We honestly did not go on one ride the whole time of the party and still had a great time.

Melanie
06-04-2015, 04:24 PM
I would say if you've never been, it's worth going at least once for a special party. My experiences the last few years with both the Halloween and Christmas parties have turned me off of them for awhile though. Just not worth the money. Disney just lets too many people in for it to be a relaxing time. And it's been awhile since walking onto rides was the norm the majority of nights.

DadTriton
06-07-2015, 10:51 PM
So very worth it. Going again Nov 29 on my birthday with all my kids - my oldest is a senior in high school. This is the last Disney trip with all "kids". Disney Dad sheds a tear.

IMADisneyFreak
06-09-2015, 12:20 PM
We took our family to the MVMCP event a few years back and it is an aspect of Disney that everyone should experience at least once. Regardless of the price I recommend going. The memories from that evening will be well worth it!! :thumbsup: