PDA

View Full Version : MK open 24-hours - how bad that morning?

Mendelson
05-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Very disappointed to see that the 24-hour event starts May 22, our MK day.

No way we'll make 6am opening...does anyone know how bad it will be at like, 8am? Will it already be pretty full.

So sad to miss rope drop and the opening ceremony!

Thanks.

VWL Mom
05-02-2015, 02:02 PM
I would think the morning would still be okay but would grow steadily as the day progresses. Sorry you'll miss the opening ceremony, it's one of my favorite things to do.

AgentC
05-02-2015, 04:53 PM
I went last year for Intercot and got there around 8 or 9. It was not bad at all. I stayed until about 12 or 1 and it still wasn't bad.

From the previous times I have been the crowds start to build in the late afternoon and get worse as local get out of work. 6-10 tends to be really bad and it stays very crowded from then until 2 or 3 am and then lightens up again.

gatorinaz28
05-03-2015, 04:21 PM
We did the party last year and the first half of the day was nice and not overly crowded. In fact, it felt like a normal crowd day. The late afternoon brought the extreme crowds.

Mendelson
05-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the responses. I'm less concerned now, though sad we'll miss the opening show. (I should note that we will have a second MK morning, where we can make the show).

We have Hoop-de-Doo reservations for 6:15, so I guess we'll be getting out of the park just in time! And then Epcot is open until 1, and I'm guessing it will be relatively empty late that night, given all the people flocking to MK.