PDA

View Full Version : Review of Poly DVC Bungalows and Villas

Hammer
05-01-2015, 10:47 AM
I had the chance to stay in a lake view studio at the new Polynesian DVC on 4/18. There were things which I liked but also things which did not work for us. It should be noted that we are not someone who could be labeled as “Poly people”. We don’t dislike the hotel, but it isn't really our style. Our first choice on the monorail is Grand Floridian. We do try every resort at least once, as sometimes we can be surprised, as we were with how much we liked Saratoga Springs.

We did like how the bathroom was divided as it allowed for both of us to shower and get ready at the same time, though it would be nice if they had hair dryers in both bathing areas. We also loved the USB ports being available in each nightstand, as it made it easy for charging our phones at night. We had a ground floor room in Moorea. We were at the end of where the bungalows were located, so our view was not obstructed by the bungalows. If you were in the ground floor rooms to the left of ours, your view was of the bungalow on the lake. Also, you are VERY close to the TTC, which is awesome for catching the Epcot monorail, but we found the ferry horn very distracting.

We found the size of the room to be a little small compared to other DVC studios. They took away living space to create the 2 part bathrooms, which are quite large. I think they still could have created this bathroom set up, but made the bathrooms a little smaller. We hang out in the living room, not the bathroom ;).

I really think DVC management made a mistake not creating 1 bedroom units when they added on at the Polynesian. The studios are a bit small and the points required to rent a bungalow are ridiculous! I am glad I tried them out, but most likely we won’t be returning to stay there.

Hammer
05-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Photo of the view from our room

disneymom15
05-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks for your review. You said the studio was smaller than most other DVC studios, is it smaller than BLT studio? Just curious for possible future stays.

VWL Mom
05-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the review Christine. I wish they did some one bedrooms too, as it is now I don't see us staying there.

baldburke
05-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the review Christine. I wish they did some one bedrooms too, as it is now I don't see us staying there.

Two adjoining rooms would probably be your best option at the Poly if you need more than a studio.

Hammer
05-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Two adjoining rooms would probably be your best option at the Poly if you need more than a studio.

You still would not have a full kitchen, and more important to me, an in-room washer/dryer. I think those are the features people who book 1-bedrooms will miss the most.

baldburke
05-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Totally agree Christine! I understand many were disappointed that the Poly isn't your average DVC offering with the usual amenities.

dlpmikki
05-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the review Christine. I suspect we won't be staying here!