PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic - FP, Dinner Package or Wing It

margiem
05-01-2015, 07:58 AM
Planning my fall trip and definitely want to see Fantasmic again. Last time we did the dinner package but I really didn't think that made a difference getting in. I don't want to eat at any of those restaurants either (come on Disney - change up the Fantasmic restauarants). Should I FP it or just wing it and go? Hate to use use a FP on that but if it cuts down a wait significantly then just maybe.......

Margie M

Strmchsr
05-01-2015, 09:26 AM
I would say it depends on when you're going. If you're at a less crowded time then wing it but if it's important to you and you're at a more crowded time use the package or FP.

Speedy1998
05-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Just a thought, in March, when we went to get a 4th FP+ all the attractions we would have wanted it for were out of FPs, so we grabbed them for Fantasmic instead.

ANG
05-01-2015, 07:42 PM
We've done all three scenarios. We prefer to just get a FP. Gives you a bit more freedom for dining but let's you skip the rush to get in line an he ahead. Worth the FP to us.

eeyoremom
05-01-2015, 08:02 PM
We went in late January, slow time of year, however fantasmic was basically full before they allowed anyone in that did not have fp. People in front of us had daughter and son-inlaw waiting outside but they wouldn't let them in and the stadium was full, standing room only for those without dinner or fp.

Fangorn
05-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Generally, I'd wing it.

We were there last night. Fantasmic was at 8:30. Park closed at 8. We did not have a FP. A few minutes before 7 they let the FP line in. 30 seconds later they let standby in. Almost no one in either line. (We just happened to be there). We decided to go on in. The place did not even begin to fill up until about 8:10 - after the park was officially closed. Filled up rapidly at that point, and was 90 - 95% full when the show started. The only section that was not filled to capacity was the Fantasmic dinner package section. That never did fill up.

So last night, FP was not only not needed, it didn't buy you anything if you had one.

Steve

margiem
05-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Thanks everyone. We will be going around Thanksgiving. I love the idea of grabbing that 4th FP for Fantasmic if it's available. I get to make my ADR's in a couple of weeks so I'm just trying to figure out what to do.