PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vero Beach

Advnt05
04-30-2015, 02:28 PM
We're heading in two weeks to stay at Disney Vero Beach. Outside of the resort, does anyone have any recommendations of things we should see in the area? We live in Colorado now so hope to avail ourselves of fresh seafood. Any local places that you would recommend? We'll have a 4 and 5 year old with us as well. Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Sounds like it will be a great trip!

I'd love to go to Vero Beach one day (or really, spend more time at any beach). I've heard that there are great things "in town" as well, art galleries and that sort of thing, but I'm hoping to hear the replies as well.

CanadianWDWFan
05-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Glad you posted here, we too are off to Vero for the first time as well this summer and were looking for things to do. There are quite a few museums in the area to check out and from what I have read they are pretty inexpensive.

One of our Moderators, Christine, posted a great report on Vero Beach. Check out the report here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=205197).

John
05-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Going to move this to DVC as it's a DVC resort and more people there will probably know about it and respond.

Ed
05-13-2015, 01:46 PM
We have stayed at Vero several times. We have several favorite restaurants for fresh seafood. All three are in Sebastian, about a 15 minute drive from the resort. They are Captain Hiram's, Squid Lips, and Cap'n Butcher's. All three are right on the river, and you can be entertained by the dolphins playing in the water while you dine.

CanadianWDWFan
05-13-2015, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the restaurants Ed. :thumbsup: We had read good reviews of Squid Lips, and Cap'n Butcher's, but will now have to read about Captain Hiram's.

Advnt05
05-19-2015, 03:36 PM
I added my review of our trip at Vero Beach to the Trip Reports section. Let me know if you have other questions and I'll be glad to answer them. Like Ed mentioned, we also ate at Squid Lips. In addition we ate at the Ocean Grill which is on the list the concierge can give you. We liked Ocean Grill a little better as the seafood was cooked to our liking (grilled and great sauces). Squid lips is a good casual atmosphere and more fried food options (although they also have some grilled as well as raw oysters). My kids like squid lips. Ocean is a little more upscale but I was all right in shorts and a button up short sleeve shirt. We also ate a Mulligans and it was similar in food to Squid Lips.