PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Brown Derby/Fantasmic

margiem
04-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Hi, Thinking of booking a Fantasmic package. Is Brown Derby worth 2 entitlements? Was really disappointed with Momma Melrose last time and been to Hollywood & Vine a couple times. Are they ever going to change up the restaurants for Fanstasmic???

Thanks

Margie M.

DANAM
04-29-2015, 09:08 PM
Are they ever going to change up the restaurants for Fanstasmic???

Thanks

Margie M.

Unfortunately, I can not speak for Brown Derby but I often wonder this myself. We will never go to Mama Melrose again and have been to Hollywood and Vine many times. We were looking for something new so we are trying Sci Fi but no Fantasmic offered there. I understand they need to limit tickets but can't they do some restaurants Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Then offer the other ones on the other days.

margiem
04-30-2015, 07:28 AM
We love Sci-Fi. It is a must do for us. We have never had any issues there and it's entertaining, especially for the kids (even at 16 YO). We go every trip.

It's really time to change the Fantasmic restaurants or like you said switch up the days. Something. Anything.

faline
04-30-2015, 07:36 AM
Brown Derby has gotten mixed reviews with a number of folks saying it is not worth 2 table credits. Typically, I am not on the dining plan but have dined at Brown Derby a number of times and, in my opinion, have always had good food and good service at this location. As to whether or not it is worth 2 dining credits vs 1 - that's a tough call.

pox24
04-30-2015, 07:58 AM
Good Food but terribly overpriced. My suggestion for the Brown Derby is lunch and split the Cobb Salad.:thumbsup:

MinnieMee
06-14-2015, 12:51 AM
We've done the Brown Derby Fantasmic Package twice and Mama Melrose twice. The first time we did Brown Derby it was amazing. The food was great and the service was spectacular. Unfortunately, the second time the food was just okay and the service was horrible. Our first time at Mama Melrose we did not enjoy the meal at all. We only returned a second time for the Fantasmic Package because my DD's fiancé didn't like the menu options at BD. He is a very picky eater and limits himself to pizza or basic burgers. Our experience the second time was better, I enjoyed the wine the most :-) I doubt we will return to Mama Melrose again though.

Pally
06-15-2015, 11:24 AM
We have done Brown Derby with the Fantasmic Package a couple of times. We really enjoyed our meals. Service was okay. I will be trying next week to nab an ADR for our upcoming trip.

To see if it is worth 2 credits for you look at the menus and choose what you would like. Remember an appetizer is included with all fantasmic packages. If what you choose is not worth 2 credits then you have to decide if having guarantee seating at Fantasmic is worth the extra.

I did the Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose and did not like it near as much.

Hollywood and Vine again was just okay. Our server was exceptional though very attentive.:mickey: