PDA

View Full Version : #runICOT Marathon Wknd2016: Where are you staying?

AgentC
04-29-2015, 10:24 AM
I thought I'd start the obligatory where are you staying thread?

I have no idea yet. I'm wavering between the Epcot area because it is awesome for 10K cheering and a moderate because it is less expensive and really easy to drive to the 5K start. :)

brownie
04-29-2015, 12:21 PM
Probably Coronado Springs for us. We had a great stay there last summer and my bride has made the request to stay there for marathon weekend.

Disney4us2
04-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Depends on what's open at the 7 month mark. Hoping for The Boardwalk. So close for 10K cheering.

Disney4us2
04-30-2015, 07:02 AM
Oh well.... The Boardwalk and Beach Club studio villas are all booked. There are 1 bedrooms left at Boardwalk.

Would it be better to get on the monorail line or either AKL or OKW?

NewDVCowner
04-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Oh, that's a bummer, though I can't say that I'm particularly surprised. I was hoping to change from AKL to one of those resorts at the 7 month window.

Rufuscube
04-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Ok, so last year we stayed at Wilderness Lodge DVC, this year I dunno. Any suggestions? I'm in the Dopey so unfortunately,staying close to cheer locations isn't that high on my priority. Seeing them, we'll heck ya.

AgentC
05-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Ok, so last year we stayed at Wilderness Lodge DVC, this year I dunno. Any suggestions? I'm in the Dopey so unfortunately,staying close to cheer locations isn't that high on my priority. Seeing them, we'll heck ya.

How was transportation at WL last year? I stayed there the previous year for Princess weekend and the buses were slower than the other resorts.

Rufuscube
05-01-2015, 08:24 PM

How was transportation at WL last year? I stayed there the previous year for Princess weekend and the buses were slower than the other resorts.

Wilderness Lodge was great. Bus was only about 15-2 min. We stayed at Caribbean Beach 2 years ago for the 20th anniversary and that was a nightmare bus ride.

Buttercup
05-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Since it's just me next year I'm thinking of POFQ. It's the only moderate I've never stayed at so I figured I would cross it off the list.
We stayed at OKW in a studio last year and the buses were terrible. We would regularly wait 30-45 minutes for buses to the parks! Thank goodness Justin, Dawn, Ian and Gary took pity on us with their rental cars!!!
I hope I have better luck at POFQ this time.

Yungbuck73
05-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Since it's just me next year I'm thinking of POFQ. It's the only moderate I've never stayed at so I figured I would cross it off the list.
We stayed at OKW in a studio last year and the buses were terrible. We would regularly wait 30-45 minutes for buses to the parks! Thank goodness Justin, Dawn, Ian and Gary took pity on us with their rental cars!!!
I hope I have better luck at POFQ this time.

LOL not a problem.
We are going to be silly and try to stay at Poly studios. We don"t own there so gonna have to wait for 7 month window. Since we are both running the 10K, not having a room near Boardwalk won't be an issue.
Does anyone own at poly? was wondering if there is still availability that week.

Rufuscube
05-10-2015, 08:05 PM
LOL not a problem.
We are going to be silly and try to stay at Poly studios. We don"t own there so gonna have to wait for 7 month window. Since we are both running the 10K, not having a room near Boardwalk won't be an issue.
Does anyone own at poly? was wondering if there is still availability that week.

I'm trying something for a trip on october, we shall see if it works. I have a Poly Studio booked on cash, minimum cash down. Next week I get my points and I'm going to try the swap. Should work.

Just an alternate idea for you to try.

VWL Mom
05-10-2015, 09:02 PM
LOL not a problem.

Just checked the resort availability tool and it is showing availability that week at the Poly.

Yungbuck73
05-10-2015, 11:56 PM
Just checked the resort availability tool and it is showing availability that week at the Poly.

That's good news

John
05-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Crossing my fingers the parents will get a place at OKW for all of us... Otherwise could be anywhere

Carol
05-11-2015, 06:48 AM
Shades of Green. :cool:

Cannot beat the Magic Kingdom area when it comes to cheering for the half and full marathon. We will, or I should say, Mel will drive to the 5k & 10k cheering squad. :cheer:

Yungbuck73
05-11-2015, 06:40 PM
Shades of Green. :cool:

Cannot beat the Magic Kingdom area when it comes to cheering for the half and full marathon. We will, or I should say, Mel will drive to the 5k & 10k cheering squad. :cheer:

That's why we are gonna try to get Poly! I would think would be much easier to get to MK for 1/2

JMTStone
05-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Same as last year, we are booked at AKV. It was a nice place to stay for marathon weekend. However, I am looking to book Boardwalk at the 7 month window because I'm cheering the 10K and the 1/2 with #cheerICOT.

Melanie
05-28-2015, 08:57 AM
That's why we are gonna try to get Poly! I would think would be much easier to get to MK for 1/2

It is! You don't have to start that day quite as early when you are in the MK area. :thumbsup:

JMTStone
05-28-2015, 09:01 AM
It is! You don't have to start that day quite as early when you are in the MK area. :thumbsup:

I remember walking from Animal Kingdom Lodge while Jon was still asleep to deliver treats to Christine at mile 13. It was strange walking on property with buses passing. I was kicked out of one area and snuck around to another. I figure since I'm doing the whole this year, I would like to be at an EPCOT resort so I can just get back to room quickly to recover. Besides, BOARDWALK cheering for the 10K. Then doing the rush-around to follow my #runICOT friends for the 1/2.

Its going to be a BLAST (again).

Melanie
05-28-2015, 09:12 AM
Then doing the rush-around to follow my #runICOT friends for the 1/2.

Right, we are talking about 1/2 morning. It's so much easier getting to the MK from a MK resort, rather than first having to go to Epcot, catch the monorail over to TTC, then get to MK. Cutting out the Epcot part really does save a lot of time.

But for what you are doing, an Epcot resort makes total sense. I feel comfortable now with the 10K morning and parking at the Boardwalk. It's year 3, and we aren't changing a thing with our itinerary because frankly, it works. :)

brownie
05-28-2015, 09:59 PM
Looks like we're probably going to be staying at Port Orleans Riverside now. Mark wants to stay someplace he hasn't stayed before and Caribbean Beach got vetoed.

Yungbuck73
06-06-2015, 08:17 AM
The 7 month DVC window opened this morning. Was at the computer at 8am and of course could not get the Poly. Had availability for everyday but our arrival date. We wailisted the whole stay and booked 1 night at Bay Lake Tower but I now have to be a the computer again tomorrow morning to try to get the poly.
We did book a stay at Saratoga just to make sure we had somewhere to stay.
Disappointed but hopefully waitlist comes though.

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2015, 04:14 PM
The 7 month DVC window opened this morning. Was at the computer at 8am and of course could not get the Poly. Had availability for everyday but our arrival date. We wailisted the whole stay and booked 1 night at Bay Lake Tower but I now have to be a the computer again tomorrow morning to try to get the poly.
Disappointed but hopefully waitlist comes though.How disappointing, Justin! Keeping my fingers crossed that the Poly comes through for you. :fingers:

Melanie
06-06-2015, 06:17 PM

Disappointed but hopefully waitlist comes though.

Bummer. Hopefully it comes through. I'm seeing now how difficult it is to get the popular resorts during race weekends. Got my fingers crossed for you!

Yungbuck73
06-06-2015, 07:04 PM
How disappointing, Justin! Keeping my fingers crossed that the Poly comes through for you. :fingers:

Bummer. Hopefully it comes through. I'm seeing now how difficult it is to get the popular resorts during race weekends. Got my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks ladies. We are kinda bummed. Hopefully the waitlist Will come through.

Yungbuck73
06-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Up early this AM(again)and now we are booked at BLT from Jan 6-7 and Poly from Jan 7-11. We are wait listed for the Poly for Jan 6-7 so hopefully this comes through and we wont have to move.
It's never easy for us LOL.
Tomorrow will be 7 months till the 10K. Time to get moving!!!!!

MNNHFLTX
06-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Up early this AM(again)and now we are booked at BLT from Jan 6-7 and Poly from Jan 7-11. We are wait listed for the Poly for Jan 6-7 so hopefully this comes through and we wont have to move.
It's never easy for us LOL.
Tomorrow will be 7 months till the 10K. Time to get moving!!!!So glad to hear that you got the Poly for most of your trip! :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to ask Justin--how are your shin splints (assuming that's what it was that was causing your leg pain)? I hope you've been feeling better during your runs.

Yungbuck73
06-07-2015, 04:59 PM
So glad to hear that you got the Poly for most of your trip! :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to ask Justin--how are your shin splints (assuming that's what it was that was causing your leg pain)? I hope you've been feeling better during your runs.

I have been resting my legs and going to start back up slowly tomorrow. Thanks

JMTStone
06-07-2015, 06:47 PM
I got our wait-list request in for Boardwalk. I'd like to be there to cheer on our 10K and 1/2 runners. But we are currently staying at AKV. I liked AKV for last year. It was relaxing to hang out by the fire pit before bed.

Yungbuck73
06-07-2015, 09:42 PM
I got our wait-list request in for Boardwalk. I'd like to be there to cheer on our 10K and 1/2 runners. But we are currently staying at AKV. I liked AKV for last year. It was relaxing to hang out by the fire pit before bed.

We just really wanted the Poly. Hope your wait list comes through too!

citizensnoopy
06-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Saratoga Springs because it was the only thing available this morning. Hopefully a waitlist comes through!

wjrhw
06-09-2015, 10:16 AM
We just booked the Poly this morning. I am running the full marathon and I'm wondering if the monorail will take runners to Epcot that early in the morning? If so, can I get some extra sleep instead of getting the bus at 3:00 AM?

badkitty
06-09-2015, 10:43 PM
We just booked the Poly this morning. I am running the full marathon and I'm wondering if the monorail will take runners to Epcot that early in the morning? If so, can I get some extra sleep instead of getting the bus at 3:00 AM?

Yes, I believe that the monorail is the only way to get to the start from a MK resort hotel. :thumbsup:

tcam326
06-17-2015, 10:36 AM
I'm staying at the Polynesian. Can't wait.

Yungbuck73
06-23-2015, 09:16 PM
So today our wait list came through. Poly studio for the whole trip(Wednesday-Monday) so looking forward to this.

badkitty
06-23-2015, 09:19 PM
So today our wait list came through. Poly studio for the whole trip(Wednesday-Monday) so looking forward to this.

Awesome! Good for you!!

Melanie
06-23-2015, 10:23 PM

Yay! I know how badly you wanted that.

Disney4us2
06-24-2015, 04:50 AM

So glad it came through. You will have a great time.

AgentC
06-24-2015, 12:02 PM

Awesome! I'm glad you got it. I suppose I'd better get on booking something now that the 2016 rates are out.

brownie
06-24-2015, 06:38 PM

:thumbsup: That's great!

Disney4us2
06-25-2015, 10:05 AM
Anyone staying at a Value ASMu or at POFQ, or CBR? Thinking of AS music, CBR or POFQ.

Ian
06-26-2015, 08:08 PM
As of now we plan on being at the Poly. That could change to Boardwalk, though, I'm not 100% sure. Or Grand Floridian ... we really haven't decided. Did I mention we haven't decided yet? :D

tcam326
06-28-2015, 05:55 PM
That's my goal!

B.R. Guest
09-29-2015, 02:40 PM
We're DVC members and are staying at the Saratoga Springs resort. Hoping to maybe move to AKL or OKW resort.

Buttercup
10-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Anyone staying at a Value ASMu or at POFQ, or CBR? Thinking of AS music, CBR or POFQ.
Yep. I am. AS Music. I was going to stay at POFQ but I decided since it's just me coming down this time, I'd cheap out and go with the Value.

Yungbuck73
10-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Yep. I am. AS Music. I was going to stay at POFQ but I decided since it's just me coming down this time, I'd cheap out and go with the Value.

So you couldn't convince Jen to come down after all? Boo to Jen. Lol. Well we are glad that 1/2 of Canada is coming down. The better 1/2 in my mind. Lol 😜:secret:

Lizzy
10-16-2015, 08:45 PM
I am just coming to cheer, looks like a value for us. But I am so over disney busses. If we are staying at a value will we be able to drive to the cheer spots? First timer here :blush:

BrerGnat
10-17-2015, 10:53 AM
I am just coming to cheer, looks like a value for us. But I am so over disney busses. If we are staying at a value will we be able to drive to the cheer spots? First timer here :blush:

You can drive to Epcot then take a monorail to MK to get there. Some roads may be closed though. You may want to just take the race buses though because many roads will be closed off. They are not Disney buses...they are motorcoaches.