PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who coming to Disney XD

RBrooksC
04-29-2015, 10:05 AM
Disney has picked up Seasons Two through Four (David Tennant Doctor) to show on Disney XD.

Now, maybe not everybody is into The Doctor like I am or my son is, but being that the show has been around for over 50 years in one form or another and it is popular with children and adults, what are the chances that putting on XD is a Trial Balloon to see if it is a property they could eventually add to their parks?

The Disney company tried to do this back in the late 80s/early 90s. Right now in England there is "The Doctor Who Experience" and I can see Disney jockeying to get the US Rights to use Doctor Who in their parks.

To be honest, and yes I am a huge Doctor Who fan so I may be a bit biased, but I think it would be a great addition to the parks. My son, who is 9, LOVES Doctor Who. He loves it so much that this was the theme of his birthday in February. My daughter who is six is beginning to enjoy it and it is one of the only shows we all watch as a family.

I could see it in both Tomorrowland, which is where Disney was going to use it back in the late 80s and also in the Disney "Not sure what the name is going to be now but won't be called " Studios.

Any thoughts?

DisneyOtaku
04-29-2015, 10:16 AM
I think a Dr. Who attraction would do very, very well in the parks. Hollywood Studios seems like the best place for it, but I feel it's getting over-crowded over there (I really feel like they should move the Frozen celebration somewhere else, what with Star Wars already being there).

RBrooksC
04-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Shoot, for me, it would be enough to see the blue Police Box TARDIS sitting on the street and walking through it and actually experiencing it being "bigger on the inside."

You know, I could even see them, at least in WDW, putting it in the Great Britain pavilion in Epcot.

And I've seen pictures of Mickey dressed as The Doctor standing next to the TARDIS. If there is anything I would be a sucker for would be the Disney Characters dressed in Doctor Who costumes.

TheVBs
05-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Oh my goodness.. this would be BRILLIANT!!! We absolutely love that show. This past Halloween, DD10 was a Dalek. The costume DH made her was unbelievable. DH was the Doctor (with fez & bowtie) and I was River Song. I begged DH14 to be something from the show, but even though she's a big fan too, she had her heart set on being something else. That's the first time DH and I have dressed up to walk around with them. We have a fridge box that we made into the TARDIS and we posed for pics in front of it. :)

Anyway! We would love to have Doctor Who in one of the parks. After I found out about the Doctor Who Experience in Wales, I looked all over to see if there's one here and there isn't. DH10 would be in heaven if we could see something like that in WDW.

RBrooksC
06-15-2015, 01:03 PM
8 reason why Disney Fan will love Doctor Who

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2015/06/13/8-reasons-disney-fans-will-love-doctor-who/?cmp=SMC|none|natural|blgomd|OMDJune|FB|disneywho-TLK|InHouse|2015-06-15|||esocialmedia

AgentC
06-15-2015, 01:13 PM
My 9 year old found Dr. Who on XD last night and he is now officially obsessed.