PDA

View Full Version : Angry and Disappointed

Mtrm042791
04-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Made a Poly reservation for October in January called to add a day in April becuase I couldn't modify online and noticed today the extra day wasn't on the online reservation and showing unavailable now because of the free dining and can't get thru on the phone!! GRRRR! Should I have been sent a new confirmation # when added over the phone?!

joonyer
04-28-2015, 02:32 PM
Made a Poly reservation for October in January called to add a day in April becuase I couldn't modify online and noticed today the extra day wasn't on the online reservation and showing unavailable now because of the free dining and can't get thru on the phone!! GRRRR! Should I have been sent a new confirmation # when added over the phone?!

Things like this are one of the reasons we always book with Magical Journeys. ;)

manutd1
04-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Angry about what? Maybe they are busy. Be patient.

TheVBs
04-29-2015, 07:12 AM

Angry because they booked the extra day last month and it's not there, which means it wasn't done properly or disappeared from the system somehow. Justifiably frustrated I would say.

NJGIRL
04-29-2015, 07:51 AM
I don't blame you. These past two days made me crazy. I had a standard room booked for POFQ already and wanted to get the discount. Couldn't get through for two whole days and guess what.....no standard rooms left to book at discounted rate. :thedolls:

NJGIRL
04-29-2015, 07:53 AM

Being patient is waiting 30 minutes on the phone. Not being able to get through for two days is very poor customer service. Disney dropped the ball on this one.

PopPhan
04-29-2015, 08:14 AM
Did you not get an email confirmation to the change in your reservation? If so, that should be all you need, but check your credit card receipts as well.

When you finally do get through, it is nice to be prepared with documentation.

manutd1
04-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Being patient is waiting 30 minutes on the phone. Not being able to get through for two days is very poor customer service. Disney dropped the ball on this one.
I have to wonder when folks try to call..I have never had an issue talking to a live person calling the reservation line at 10 am or 2pm. Those are light calling times for any company. Evening hours are not a good time to call. Not sure when the OP tried to call.
I guess we all have a different opinion of what should disappoint someone or make them angry.
But, If someone can't get through to WDW for 2 days....they just aren't calling at the right time of day or that was IMHO,exaggerated. Im sorry, I have called WDW/DLR literally hundreds of times....never more than a 15-30 min wait. And that is an extreme situation when I probably messed up and called at a bad time. Not the 10 am or 2 pm. I stand by my comments previously. I just don't see being angry and certainly not disappointed. Just my opinion... :mickey:
There is a section in the unofficial guide that even says...."calling at 5pm" " Not the best idea of the day." Again, not sure when they tried to call...but a lot of folks do call at this time when the typical work day ends.
I will add that there are other numbers you can call other than the main one. Maybe that is an option. I have to look up the number but there is one that goes to customer relations NOT reservations. I have used that and still accomplished the same goal. Modifying or whatever to a reservation.

NJGIRL
04-30-2015, 11:07 AM
I have to wonder when folks try to call..I have never had an issue talking to a live person calling the reservation line at 10 am or 2pm. Those are light calling times for any company. Evening hours are not a good time to call. Not sure when the OP tried to call.
I guess we all have a different opinion of what should disappoint someone or make them angry.
But, If someone can't get through to WDW for 2 days....they just aren't calling at the right time of day or that was IMHO,exaggerated. Im sorry, I have called WDW/DLR literally hundreds of times....never more than a 15-30 min wait. And that is an extreme situation when I probably messed up and called at a bad time. Not the 10 am or 2 pm. I stand by my comments previously. I just don't see being angry and certainly not disappointed. Just my opinion... :mickey:
There is a section in the unofficial guide that even says...."calling at 5pm" " Not the best idea of the day." Again, not sure when they tried to call...but a lot of folks do call at this time when the typical work day ends.
I will add that there are other numbers you can call other than the main one. Maybe that is an option. I have to look up the number but there is one that goes to customer relations NOT reservations. I have used that and still accomplished the same goal. Modifying or whatever to a reservation.

You obviously have not tried to call in the last two days. You can think whatever you want to think, but except for the 8 hours I was sleeping in the middle of the night, I called once or twice every hour on Monday & Tuesday and could not get through. Read through other posts, others had the same problem, while those who did get through waited on hold for up to 8 hours. Very poor customer service.

badkitty
04-30-2015, 12:57 PM

Not everyone has the opportunity to call at 10AM or 2PM. Maybe evening is the only time for some of us? Sitting on hold for more than 20 minutes or taking two days to get through would frustrate me. You are lucky, manutd1, that you have such great patience.

stephicakes
04-30-2015, 04:05 PM
I don't blame you. These past two days made me crazy. I had a standard room booked for POFQ already and wanted to get the discount. Couldn't get through for two whole days and guess what.....no standard rooms left to book at discounted rate. :thedolls:

Sorry you had such a tough time getting through NJGIRL :( No fun!!! And I heard from NUMEROUS sources that this was just not an isolated case for you - many folks had the same problem. I have read/heard that Disney really dropped the ball with their customer service this week when discounts were released. Stinks. I would have been frustrated too!

But quick question out of curiosity... If you already had a standard room reserved, why could they just not apply the discount? Same room but honor the new price. If you already had a reservation then it shouldn't have been given to someone else. Or am I missing something?

Hammer
04-30-2015, 04:21 PM

Rita, you could have saved yourself a lot of time and aggravation, as POFQ and Riverside were only available for certain dates (and I think POFQ was excluded for most dates).

From the stickied Magical Journeys post in Accommodations-

excludes villas at grand Floridian, Polynesian villas and bungalows, Baylake tower, mermaid rooms, movies and both French quarter And Riverside ( for select dates)

POFQ is usually excluded from most discounts, even room only ones.The fact you got any type of discount at POFQ is a minor miracle the last few years.

Cinderelley
04-30-2015, 06:38 PM

I am an ER nurse. I work from 7 to 7. There's no way I could call at 10 or 2.
"I know you're having a heart attack right now sir, but my phone call to Disney is more important"

NJGIRL
04-30-2015, 09:35 PM
Rita, you could have saved yourself a lot of time and aggravation, as POFQ and Riverside were only available for certain dates (and I think POFQ was excluded for most dates).

Discounts (I didn't want the free dining) were actually available for the POFQ for the dates that I booked, but since I couldn't get through all of the allotted standard room discounts were gone and I had to book a riverside view room at the FQ to get the discounts with my original dates.

NJGIRL
04-30-2015, 09:37 PM
But quick question out of curiosity... If you already had a standard room reserved, why could they just not apply the discount? Same room but honor the new price. If you already had a reservation then it shouldn't have been given to someone else. Or am I missing something?

I'm with you. You think it would be that easy but it's not. They only have so many standard rooms that they will apply the discount to and since I didn't get through until the third day, they were gone....even though I still had a standard room booked. :(

Hammer
04-30-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm with you. You think it would be that easy but it's not. They only have so many standard rooms that they will apply the discount to and since I didn't get through until the third day, they were gone....even though I still had a standard room booked. :(

That's why I used Magical Journeys prior to buying DVC. Bless them because they dealt with Disney's lousy computer system the last few days working to get their clients the package while their clients never had to lift a finger. Best thing, it doesn't cost anything to use them and they are an Intercot sponsor!

Cinderelley
05-01-2015, 03:46 AM
That's why I used Magical Journeys prior to buying DVC. Bless them because they dealt with Disney's lousy computer system the last few days working to get their clients the package while their clients never had to lift a finger. Best thing, it doesn't cost anything to use them and they are an Intercot sponsor!

I love Magical Journeys. I wish my other travel agent was as good as they are. (or that they did more than Disney. :D)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-01-2015, 07:31 AM

You wouldn't have gotten a new confirmation/reservation # but you would have gotten an email with the modification. I made modifications to my reservation (thru Magical Journeys) and my number didn't' change, but I received an email from them with an updated reservation.

And yes, Disney has been slammed since they released the Free Dining. Good luck with everything Sorry this happened.

NJGIRL
05-01-2015, 11:44 AM

I was working with Wendy at the time. She did her best to help. Reservation was made on a Sunday night when I made up my mind where I wanted to stay(I knew POFQ was small and wanted to make sure I got a standard room ressie) with the intention of switching to MJ hands on Monday, then Disney dropped the ball Monday morning and made the last few days a big mess. I already had the room booked and there was no reason they couldn't just apply the discount....Disney just didn't want to they created this chaos.

Tink1
05-01-2015, 02:08 PM
I love Magical Journeys. I wish my other travel agent was as good as they are. (or that they did more than Disney. :D)

Ya know we do all cruises and Universal as well?

We will be branching out into some other areas once we become better educated on them (read: see them in person)

Nanc

Tink1
05-01-2015, 02:16 PM
I was working with Wendy at the time. She did her best to help. Reservation was made on a Sunday night when I made up my mind where I wanted to stay(I knew POFQ was small and wanted to make sure I got a standard room ressie) with the intention of switching to MJ hands on Monday, then Disney dropped the ball Monday morning and made the last few days a big mess. I already had the room booked and there was no reason they couldn't just apply the discount....Disney just didn't want to they created this chaos.

Just because you (general you, not just you) have a room booked, does not automatically get the discount when you call.

There is an entire algorithm for this process. They designate a certain % of occupancy for the discount and once the tier is reached it cuts it off.

That is always why we say booking ahead is a double edge sword. You need to in order to do dining, and fast passes, yet filling the room screws with the algorithm and can cause a discount not to appear.

This is why you will see a lot of changing availability after a discount is released. People move, switch, tweak thus changing occupancy levels. Which then triggers discounts where there were none before.

Hope that makes as much sense in a post as it does in my head LOL

And FYI it takes 5-7 days for a reservation made through Disney to be transferred to us.

Nanc

Cinderelley
05-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Ya know we do all cruises and Universal as well?

We will be branching out into some other areas once we become better educated on them (read: see them in person)

Nanc

You just made me so happy! :D

manutd1
05-01-2015, 06:27 PM
I am an ER nurse. I work from 7 to 7. There's no way I could call at 10 or 2.
"I know you're having a heart attack right now sir, but my phone call to Disney is more important"
My wife is a ER nurse. She has called WDW many times at work. Break time...lunch time...etc.
ER nurse gets 20 break every 2 hours. Ohio law.:thumbsup:
I know NO job is so busy...a person can't call once or twice a day at some point.

manutd1
05-01-2015, 06:30 PM
You obviously have not tried to call in the last two days. You can think whatever you want to think, but except for the 8 hours I was sleeping in the middle of the night, I called once or twice every hour on Monday & Tuesday and could not get through. Read through other posts, others had the same problem, while those who did get through waited on hold for up to 8 hours. Very poor customer service.
I disagree, Just because they are busy....and IF someone really tried to call at the right time...that doesn't equal bad customer service. Its called being busy. In the grand scheme of life....nothing really to get angry about....or frustrated.:thumbsup:
Oh, and to note: I called last night at 7pm no wait. We check in POP Saturday. May 2.!!
So, I guess i DID obviously call in the last 2 days..
Im not trying to be rude...I just 110% don't buy into the notion that someone can't get through to WDW for 2 days. Unless a person is sitting in Afghanistan dodging bullets. I think we all can make time to call at an appropriate time...As The Unnofcial Guide suggested. 10 am -2 pm. again, not to be rude here...just a difference of opinion...albeit a big one.

MNNHFLTX
05-01-2015, 07:15 PM
I disagree, Just because they are busy....and IF someone really tried to call at the right time...that doesn't equal bad customer service. Its called being busy. In the grand scheme of life....nothing really to get angry about....or frustrated.:thumbsup:
Oh, and to note: I called last night at 7pm no wait. We check in POP Saturday. May 2.!!
Im not trying to be rude...I just 110% don't buy into the notion that someone can't get through to WDW for 2 days. Unless a person is sitting in Afghanistan dodging bullets. I think we all can make time to call at an appropriate time...As The Unnofcial Guide suggested. 10 am -2 pm. again, not to be rude here...just a difference of opinion...albeit a big one.

Two points I want to make in response to this:

1. When someone is trying to give a company business (i.e. booking hotel rooms, buying passes, dining at restaurants, buying souvenirs in gift shops) they don't expect to have to jump through hoops to do so. The company is not doing consumers a favor by taking money for goods and services; the consumer allows them to stay in business. That's why "good customer service" is paramount for the success of any company. I am sure most people were willing to exhibit a reasonable measure of patience in the situations stated above, but not to the degree that they ended up doing.

2. I appreciate your positive outlook on life, but one thing I've learned from being a nurse (and a fellow human being on this planet) is that no one should tell someone else what they are entitled to feel frustrated or angry about. Experiences and perceptions are (obviously) highly personal and and everyone is entitled to attach whatever meaning to them that they desire. So think what you want about your own experiences in this type of situation and please allow others to do the same. :thumbsup:

manutd1
05-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Two points I want to make in response to this:

1. When someone is trying to give a company business (i.e. booking hotel rooms, buying passes, dining at restaurants, buying souvenirs in gift shops) they don't expect to have to jump through hoops to do so. The company is not doing consumers a favor by taking money for goods and services; the consumer allows them to stay in business. That's why "good customer service" is paramount for the success of any company. I am sure most people were willing to exhibit a reasonable measure of patience in the situations stated above, but not to the degree that they ended up doing.

2. I appreciate your positive outlook on life, but one thing I've learned from being a nurse (and a fellow human being on this planet) is that no one should tell someone else what they are entitled to feel frustrated or angry about. Experiences and perceptions are (obviously) highly personal and and everyone is entitled to attach whatever meaning to them that they desire. So think what you want about your own experiences in this type of situation and please allow others to do the same. :thumbsup:
But doesn't that go both ways...arent you, in a sense, saying I'm wrong for disputing the OP concern. They had their opinion and I shared mine.
In other words...If I started a post and stated what great phone service WDW has...Im sure some one else would say I'm crazy and disagree with statement I made. That doesn't mean they are telling me how to feel...only their strong opinion. And, We should never hold back our opinions on the grounds of "feelings" or such. Thats kinda making it only (lets have a discussion)........if we all agree. And, I do think WDW has A+ service on the phone. And again....its all good. Just voicing it. Appreciate you all.
:mickey:
If I may..I wanted to add that..: If people (and my goodness there is a lot) want to complain about something or tell us all how bad Disney is doing..And this happens a lot..
Then we all read it and move on, with some folks disagreeing. But mainly its treated as the complainers or folks that talk about how bad WDW is doing things..they are treated as stating a fact. Which of course they aren't...In MANYS opinion.
But, When people say things positive or like what I did. We get told that we must understand other folks experiences. When people defend Disney....they are ridiculed and told to slow down on the fan boy and kook-aid. There needs to be homeostasis. And I try, at least in my part to be positive. Cause as a long time lurker...Intercot and may other forums are full of the the opposite. The other end of the positive spectrum.
peace

MNNHFLTX
05-01-2015, 10:04 PM
But doesn't that go both ways...arent you, in a sense, saying I'm wrong for disputing the OP concern. They had their opinion and I shared mine.
In other words...If I started a post and stated what great phone service WDW has...Im sure some one else would say I'm crazy and disagree with statement I made. That doesn't mean they are telling me how to feel...only their strong opinion. And, We should never hold back our opinions on the grounds of "feelings" or such. Thats kinda making it only (lets have a discussion)........if we all agree. And, I do think WDW has A+ service on the phone.
:mickey:
I'm all in favor of people sharing what an experience means to them, but don't think that people should "dispute" an experience that someone else goes through. BTW, if you posted that you think that WDW has A+ phone service, I would (and do) support your right to share your thoughts, whether I feel the same way or not.

deedee73
05-01-2015, 10:45 PM
My wife is a ER nurse. She has called WDW many times at work. Break time...lunch time...etc.
ER nurse gets 20 break every 2 hours. Ohio law.[emoji106]
I know NO job is so busy...a person can't call once or twice a day at some point.
I know my mom works for UPMC in PGH, PA & they get a 15 min break in 10 hours. Lunches are not guaranteed and are rarely received. This is a change that has occurred in the past 15 months give or take. We thought this would be illegal & upon investigation they have fallen into some type of health service loophole. Long story short - she definitely couldn't call during her work hours.

Cinderelley
05-02-2015, 04:35 AM
ER nurse gets 20 break every 2 hours. Ohio law.:thumbsup:

Come and hang out with me at work. Then you'll 'know" otherwise.

TheVBs
05-02-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm all in favor of people sharing what an experience means to them, but don't think that people should "dispute" an experience that someone else goes through. BTW, if you posted that you thought that WDW has A+ phone service, I would (and do) support your right to share your thoughts, whether I feel the same way or not.

Very well said! Thank you.

Manutd1, by all means, share your experiences. Even better, make recommendations like good times to call. But it's beyond silly that you're telling people they're not having the experiences they're having, or that they have no reason to be frustrated, when obviously they do. It's also rather strange to tell someone that you "know" they can make these calls from work. Many companies would not allow that. And breaks, if people get them, do not always allow enough time. No one is saying that you can't share your experiences. We're saying it's impolite to dispute other people's experiences. And, thankfully, on this site, people's feelings DO matter. It's not okay to badger someone because you disagree with them. I for one am grateful that the moderators here put manners above anyone's perceived right to push their opinion on someone else.

I love that you've had positive experiences, that you have not have your patience tested and that you have great suggestions to help (like times to call). If you would keep posting that info, that would be great! :mickey:

stephicakes
05-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Just because you (general you, not just you) have a room booked, does not automatically get the discount when you call.

There is an entire algorithm for this process. They designate a certain % of occupancy for the discount and once the tier is reached it cuts it off.

That is always why we say booking ahead is a double edge sword. You need to in order to do dining, and fast passes, yet filling the room screws with the algorithm and can cause a discount not to appear.

This is why you will see a lot of changing availability after a discount is released. People move, switch, tweak thus changing occupancy levels. Which then triggers discounts where there were none before.

Hope that makes as much sense in a post as it does in my head LOL

And FYI it takes 5-7 days for a reservation made through Disney to be transferred to us.

Nanc

Thanks for explaining Nanc! This makes sense as to why not ALL previous reservations can be honored when new discount prices are released. it definitely is a double-edge sword it seems...

NJGIRL
05-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Oh, and to note: I called last night at 7pm no wait.

Im not trying to be rude...I just 110% don't buy into the notion that someone can't get through to WDW for 2 days.

That means that you called on Thursday....which was NOT Monday or Tuesday when ALL of the lines were busy.

Ok you caught me, if I knew that you were in my house watching me for two days I wouldn't have come on INTERCOT and lied about. :-o

brownie
05-02-2015, 03:49 PM
People's experiences are going to be different. Some people may get through while others need to make many calls before getting through. There are going to be better times to call that are less busy, but just like a WDW vacation and when you can go, not everyone will be able to call at me busy times.

It's OK for people to be frustrated that haven't been able to get through WHEN THEY CALL. And it's OK to voice that frustration. Our goal here should be to listen and offer help where were can.

This is the friendly reminder that we're all here to help each other.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Thanks for explaining Nanc! This makes sense as to why not ALL previous reservations can be honored when new discount prices are released. it definitely is a double-edge sword it seems...

I agree! I always wondered how/why "new" resorts were suddenly added to promotions, but this makes sense.

I remember trying to book the very first "free dining" promotion back in 2005. It took quite a few calls to get the code that would actually work where we wanted to stay. Just about drove me crazy. Seems like little has changed, and it is so frustrating the lengths that we go to satisfy our Disney needs. :mickey:

Mtrm042791
05-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Well my original frustration has been resolved but not without my husband on hold three separate times for over an hour and myself on hold for 1 hour and 20 minutes. They indeed didn't add the extra day I originally called and asked for but luckily had the extra day to add. My frustration soley lies with the fact that I called once and spent time over the phone adding a day and expecting that it would be there a month later. I understand accidents happen but don't think it's too much to ask when I spend time calling that what I request actually be done, call me crazy but isn't my time just as valuable as customer services? Thank you all for letting me vent my frustration and for your replies.

faline
05-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Well my original frustration has been resolved but not without my husband on hold three separate times for over an hour and myself on hold for 1 hour and 20 minutes. They indeed didn't add the extra day I originally called and asked for but luckily had the extra day to add. My frustration soley lies with the fact that I called once and spent time over the phone adding a day and expecting that it would be there a month later. I understand accidents happen but don't think it's too much to ask when I spend time calling that what I request actually be done, call me crazy but isn't my time just as valuable as customer services? Thank you all for letting me vent my frustration and for your replies.

Having to put that much time and effort into correcting a mistake someone else made is certainly cause for frustration!! I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted and needed and quite disappointed for you that you had to, essentially, jump through hoops to get it done!!

Cinderelley
05-04-2015, 04:55 PM
I am glad it was resolved. Sorry it was so frustrating.

dtootsie42
05-09-2015, 11:08 PM

Glad to hear that everything has been worked out. :thumbsup: