PDA

View Full Version : WDW Wedding/DCL Honeymoon

BWayGrl
04-27-2015, 02:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted anything here, but I've missed you and I was hoping to get some responses to this!

I'm not engaged yet, but I have always wanted a Disney wedding, so I periodically look at the Disney Wedding website and price out imaginary wedding scenarios :blush: Anyway, I go to Disney World just about every year, and even though I want to get married there so badly, I would like to do something different for a honeymoon (It seems that a lot of people just use their WDW wedding as a combined wedding and honeymoon). So I thought it would be fun to get married in WDW and then do the Disney Cruise as the honeymoon! Has anyone ever done this? I know the wedding packages have minimum stay requirements, so I guess some strategic planning would be necessary to do it all in one shot. Just curious!

BrerGnat
04-27-2015, 02:17 PM
That sounds like a fun idea! We had a WDW wedding and the minimum stays can be done before the wedding date. It's not a huge amount of room nights you have to secure. You can do the cruise like 2 days after the wedding and arrive like 3 days prior. You will need to arrive at least 2 days early regardless, so it would be totally feasible to do something like what you are thinking about.

CleveSJM
04-27-2015, 09:13 PM
On our second Disney cruise we dined with a couple that had done just that. They were loving it.

Another idea would be to go to EuroDisney or Disney Hong Kong for the honeymoon. Mix in a little classic Paris or Hong Kong sites to mix it up. Some great airfares sometimes pop up. It's all about getting that cheap airfare. :-)

BWayGrl
04-28-2015, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Visiting one of the other Disney resorts is a good idea. I've never been overseas, so any one of them sounds good. I hope some day to visit all of them! Disneyland Paris might be nice for a honeymoon...romantic.