PDA

View Full Version : Eating in France at Epcot

Katzateer
04-26-2015, 07:59 PM
What is the difference between Bistro De Paris and Chefs de France? Signature dishes? Also, whatis the name of the pizza brick oven dining resturant in Italy?? I think these are the only countries we have not tried table service at Epcot. I want to plan new experiences for our Decembervtrip since we tend to stick to our favorites.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-26-2015, 09:56 PM
Via Napoli is the pizza restaurant in Italy. It is one of our favourites, the pizza is sooo good.

SBETigg
04-26-2015, 10:26 PM
Bistro de Paris is no more. It is now Monsieur Paul, a slightly more casual (though still upscale) experience than Bistro used to be. The main difference between Bistro/Monsieur Paul and Chefs de France is that Chefs was meant to showcase fresh, lighter, more modern French fare-- more of a cafe. The upstairs locale is for more traditional French food, more of a fine dining destination, emphasis on sauces and fine ingredients.

Price is a big separating factor as well as formality. The upstairs restaurant is far pricier than the downstairs. There is no children's menu upstairs. It is more suited for couples and less for families (though families are welcome). On the dining plan, Chefs de France would be one credit, and Monsieur Paul is two, a Signature Dining experience.

Via Napoli is the brick oven place in Italy. We've really enjoyed it.

Katzateer
04-27-2015, 07:22 AM
Thanks! I thought there was a name change but looked at the Intercot dining guide and it had the two I mentioned listed. I think we will try the upstairs dining since it will just be my husband and myself. And been wanted to try the pizza in Italy for years. We seem to end up grazing our way around WS or going to Garden Grill when dining at Epcot. Last year we tryed the new dining in Mexico.

Hammer
04-27-2015, 03:48 PM
I have eaten at both places and enjoy both. As Sherri mentioned, they are different experiences, but the food for both places comes from the same kitchen. I found the quality to be the good at both restaurants. Having visited Paris last November, I found that both restaurants provide a good representation of their respective styles of French dining.

One recommendation- Order a bottle of Badoit sparkling water with your meal for the 2 of you to share. It is available all over France but it is not readily available in that many places in the US. My sister and I absolutely love it!

mrte62
04-28-2015, 03:43 PM
Here is our quick review post from our October trip: Monsieur Paul’s – We took a chance with this one because our experience with French food has either been a hit or a complete miss. Fortunately, this was a hit. We ordered the price fixe meal and enjoyed our escargot, mushroom soup, lamb chops, cake and ice cream. Service was attentive, We were the last seating, so by the end of our meal, our waiter mentioned how much he enjoyed working at WDW, being in Florida and was not looking forward to going home to Paris.

We have eaten with our family of six downstairs as well - food was excellent, much more open feel and not formal.