PDA

View Full Version : DVC Villa Supplies

eandrsmom
04-26-2015, 05:08 PM
This will be our first time staying in a villa. It is a cash reservation, so I know that we will be eligible for daily Mousekeeping. (We didn't buy points.) Does this mean that dish soap, paper towels, trash bags etc. will be furnished the whole time that we are there? Usually when we rent a condo at the beach, there is a small supply and we have to buy whatever else we need. I would love to not have to pack so much if this is included.

AgentC
04-27-2015, 10:01 AM
I've stayed at DVC on cash several times but our longest trip was only 4 nights. Because you do get daily housekeeping the trash is emptied so you don't have to worry about trash bags and there are usually extra.

Since our trip was short we never ran out of paper towels or dish soap but if you did I would think they would give it to you. When we had the larger units with the dish washer, if we didn't run the dishes, housekeeping often would and leave more soap.

One thing we didn't get more of was detergent. I don't care for powder detergent so I always brought a few pods.

If you are not a heavy user of all the extras, I probably wouldn't bother packing it. If you did need something not provided you can generally get it at the hotel store.

Hammer
04-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Just to add to what Cindy said about supplies. I am a DVC owner, but I agree with her suggestion of bringing some laundry detergent. They changed the detergent provided and it is a brand I don't like. So, I go to the travel size section of my Target and get the travel size of Tide pods that is usually there. It gives you 3-4 pods which is enough to take care of our laundry.

Also, they do not provide dryer sheets for anyone, so I always put a few in a ziploc bag and place them in my suitcase.

Through the looking Glass
04-28-2015, 04:28 PM
I have always watched for housekeeping in the mornings and asked for the few things I run out of. They have always been quite accommodating. The only thing they have gave me a hard time about is coffee. We now bring a lil can and some extra filters.