PDA

View Full Version : Poly Villas and Fireworks viewing

Septbride2002
04-25-2015, 02:35 PM
Due to the ridiculous cost of the MNSSHP tickets we will not be attending. But we love this particular fireworks show. My thought was to go to the Poly beach one evening to watch.

Do the new villas mess with the ability to be on the beach and watch the fireworks?

Thanks!

VWL Mom
04-25-2015, 03:26 PM
I haven't been myself but I've been reading the people feel the Poly is no longer a prime spot and have been suggesting TTC. The lighting in and around the bungalows is evidently a distraction to the fireworks.

Polynesian Dweller
04-25-2015, 10:09 PM
The viewing on the main beach from the west end of the Hawaii building is fine and not at all obstructed. It's only the east side that is somewhat blocked.

Christine
04-26-2015, 08:43 PM
We went to watch just regular wishes one night after our dinner at 'Ohana, just to top off our evening. It's true the west end is not obstructed, but that space filled up pretty tight , pretty quickly. Ppl became a bit agitated. We left. And this was just "plain" wishes. Hallowishes will draw a bigger crowd.
Plus it's not "centered" with the castle. I would also recommend the TTC, sadly.

Septbride2002
05-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the responses. What a bummer. We use to love going out to the Poly for dinner and watching the fireworks.

baldburke
05-05-2015, 12:52 PM
There's also a patio over by the Grand Floridian Cafe that also offers decent views of the fireworks. I believe they can also been seen from the beach at WL.