PDA

View Full Version : Age limit on children who are free?

taleasoldastime
04-24-2015, 02:38 PM
At what age do children stop getting into parks for free?
my family is looking into taking a big trip at the end of 2016 and my niece will be 2! She is the only baby so we are all dying to have our first trip with her soon!

Auntie B
04-24-2015, 03:33 PM
I believe it is 3 years of age. I am hoping to take my new grandson when he is a little bit older, but still younger than 3, so I feel your excitement! :mickey:

ChipNDale79
04-24-2015, 03:45 PM
At what age do children stop getting into parks for free?
my family is looking into taking a big trip at the end of 2016 and my niece will be 2! She is the only baby so we are all dying to have our first trip with her soon!

Kids 2 and under are free.

My youngest turns 3 in August, we have a trip planned for July :mickey:

tundramom
04-24-2015, 04:13 PM
To get even more technical, they can be 2 at the beginning of the trip and turn 3 while there and still remain "free" for the length of that trip. We did it in '98 and were not questioned. Since my DD was always a big child I even took her birth certificate along "just in case", but never needed it.

taleasoldastime
04-24-2015, 04:38 PM
that is perfect! thank you!
do you have to bring proof of their age?

ChipNDale79
04-24-2015, 04:40 PM

We went last year, when my 3 year old was 2, and he's big for his age, and we thought we'd be questioned, so we took a copy of his BC. Never needed it, not once were we questioned about it.

MargaretMessler
04-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Unless you're trying to pass off your 10 year old as under 3 , I doubt they'd formally question you on it

DonaldDuck1117
04-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Unless you are trying to pass a teenager off as under 3 you are not going to be bothered. As a main gate cast member all I could do is ask, "how old is your child?" If they said, "he's 2" I was instructed to tell them to enjoy their day. Yes, Disney knows people are abusing the system but they figure it's not worth the fight. I let plenty of kids in for free that were over 2.

Honestly I think it's only a atter of time till Disney moves to a height ticketing system. If you are over *blank* inches tall you are have to buy a full price ticket.

manutd1
04-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Unless you are trying to pass a teenager off as under 3 you are not going to be bothered. As a main gate cast member all I could do is ask, "how old is your child?" If they said, "he's 2" I was instructed to tell them to enjoy their day. Yes, Disney knows people are abusing the system but they figure it's not worth the fight. I let plenty of kids in for free that were over 2.

Honestly I think it's only a atter of time till Disney moves to a height ticketing system. If you are over *blank* inches tall you are have to buy a full price ticket.
Yep, and remember. You can be 2 and 11 months, thats still 2.

manutd1
04-25-2015, 09:51 AM
No, if the child is anywhere close to 3....not an issue. Remember 2 years and 51 weeks is still 2.
And, as others have stated....millions of kids slightly older than 3 has gotten in free. Thats just the way it is...no one will question a child close to the free age limit.

taleasoldastime
04-25-2015, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the replies, everyone!
:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
04-27-2015, 01:09 PM
It's OK if they get some extra free time if they're 3.... Disney gets them back when they become adults at age 10....!!

Figment104
04-27-2015, 01:13 PM
As others have said, no need to bring documentation for the child's age. We took my now 3 year old DS when he was almost 3, and he was about the size of an average 5 year old at the time. Not one cast member even asked how old he was.

mcjaco
04-29-2015, 04:28 PM
We purposely scheduled our last trip in November to get one more in before my kids hit 3.

So to recap more clearly: Under 3 = free.

manutd1
04-29-2015, 08:51 PM
We purposely scheduled our last trip in November to get one more in before my kids hit 3.

So to recap more clearly: Under 3 = free.
Us too a while back!! Kids are now 9-7. So soon adults.

Susan A
05-07-2015, 01:52 PM
LOL, THANXFORNOTICIN!
:funny:
a ten year old adult!

However, related to age, airlines are sticklers about age. At six months of age, we flew with our daughter to Disney. She was flying for free. At check in, the lady asked for my daughter's proof of age. I was shocked and not prepared. It was a good thing that our health insurance card at the time had her DOB!

IloveJack
05-07-2015, 09:08 PM

I wish they would! My kids are very small for their age, and haven't been able to do anymore at 3 than at 2. In fact, my oldest was 5 before she was tall enough to ride even the Barnstormer. When we went in 2012, she was almost 4, we paid for her, and they never even bothered to scan her ticket the entire trip. But it was the right thing to do.