PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach or Coronado

Jpxv
04-23-2015, 09:14 AM
My family and I are planning a trip for Sept 2015 and want to stay at a resort we haven't been to before. Our choices are now between Caribbean beach and Coronado Springs. We will have a car so buses are not an issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated

tundramom
04-23-2015, 09:28 AM
I would say it depends on your family, ages of kids , etc. CBR is more "kid" oriented, CS is more adult. CBR has lush landscapes, CS is more austere. For food choices I would pick CS (if you like Mexican) for more Disney "feel" CBR. Both are great resorts and large, good that you have your own vehicle. I am sure you will enjoy either.

VacationDisney
04-23-2015, 09:38 AM
We love both resorts. You can't go wrong no matter which one you pick.

We do love the Pepper Market at CSR:mickey:

4disneynuts
04-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Our family loves CBR. We love everything about it, the landscaping, the newly refurbished rooms, the music they play, the food court, the pools. It is like you are really in the Carribean. Our kids don't want to stay anywhere else. We have even looked at staying at a deluxe resort and they don't want to.

But, keep in mind this is a very large resort so there is a lot of walking involved unless you reserve a preferred location, which is what we do. The resort is very quiet though even at capacity because it is so spread out.

Have a wonderful trip!

buzznwoodysmom
04-23-2015, 11:40 AM
We have stayed at both, and really enjoyed both. However, CBR is the one we keep going back to. We stayed at CSR once, and have stayed at CBR three times and have plans to return there again soon. My kids love it, and other than WL, this is the resort they ask to return to.

To be completely honest, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Pick the resort with the theme that most appeals you to.

ThanxForNoticin
04-23-2015, 12:24 PM
We love both resorts. You can't go wrong no matter which one you pick.

We do love the Pepper Market at CSR:mickey:

Absolutely agree. We probably like the pool a bit better at CS, too. But both are quite nice.

missymouseworld
04-23-2015, 03:03 PM
We just returned from our Spring Break trip and stayed at Coronado Springs. This was our first time staying there and wanted to check it off our list. The resort itself is quite big, and considering it was Spring Break, was not crowded. The Pepper Market/food court did get quite busy around 9am and later at night around 8-9pm. The main pool was always busy but the quiet pool was nice. (we had a water view right near the pool-Cabanas area) Rooms were nice, bus service was OK. Glad we stayed there and tried it. Not too immersed in "Disney" theming because it is a convention resort; I realized I missed that.

We have not stayed at CBR yet, that is the next resort for us to try.

Hope you have fun planning.

manutd1
04-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Coronado by far. :thumbsup:

thads
04-23-2015, 05:22 PM
I was a skeptic of Coronado Springs until we stayed there 2 years ago. One of the quietest resorts I have stayed at. The pool is amazing. I am a big fan.

brownie
04-23-2015, 07:25 PM
Haven't stayed at Caribbean Beach but we really liked our stay at Coronado Springs. If we make it out for marathon weekend in January 2016, my bride wants to stay at Coronado Springs again.

Sylvia
04-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Our family loves CBR. We love everything about it, the landscaping, the newly refurbished rooms, the music they play, the food court, the pools. It is like you are really in the Carribean. Our kids don't want to stay anywhere else. We have even looked at staying at a deluxe resort and they don't want to.

Ditto for every thing mentioned!!!!!

After more than 12 vacations at CBR, I have to say that this is our Disney home away from home and our favorite resort. I always visit for the island atmosphere even though I may be staying at a different resort.

To be honest, I've also stayed at and enjoyed myself at all the mods, but CBR is at the top of my list. You can't go wrong, no matter which resort you choose. Just review the theming, amenities, food available at each one and decide which one appeals to you most. Have a great trip.

Angelgirl65
04-24-2015, 06:17 AM
Love Coronado Springs. The pool, landscaping and staff make it the pick for me

wdwdreamer
04-26-2015, 10:10 PM
We love CBR, stayed there several times and love it. Going back in less than a week and can not wait. We like the casual carribean feeling. The pool is awesome and the food court is also really nice. The only draw back I don't like is the buses have to do an internal loop pick up before leaving the resort.

Kplaster
04-28-2015, 01:34 PM
If buses are not an issue I would go for CSR due to the pools and overall feeling of the resort. However, I don't think you can really go wrong at either one.

j2k
04-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Coronado Springs gets a big thumbs up :thumbsup: from me! We stayed there last time and loved it. We enjoyed our walks to the Pepper Market. The landscaping is beautiful and the resort is quiet.

I never stayed at Caribbean Beach and that may be where we stay next time because I want to give it a try but you can't go wrong with Coronado Springs in my book. :thumbsup:

why4k
05-11-2015, 02:12 AM
I've stayed at both and preferred CSR much more than CBR. My reasons would be the pool, the food, and the size of each resort.

Stu29573
05-11-2015, 10:45 AM
I really loved CBR because it had a very Disney vibe to it, and I, of course, am a total Disney geek (as are we all on here!)
That being said, you really can't go wrong either way.

Gator
05-11-2015, 03:33 PM
I was a skeptic of Coronado Springs until we stayed there 2 years ago. One of the quietest resorts I have stayed at. The pool is amazing. I am a big fan.

I with this post. I used to hear that the conventioneers made this resort so tough to stay out. I've found that they actually do all their sessions there at the convention centers so they don't bother the bus stops or parking lots.

Yes, it is quiet!!! Especially over in the Ranchos. That place can be a ghost town sometimes - almost like that entire side of the resort is yours.

And the pool is totally cool. Definitely the best we've experienced. I only wish they could accommodate 5 - we'd be back in a flash.

minnie-mouse
05-26-2015, 02:00 PM
CSR by far! It just has a more relaxed vibe. The natural setting/landscaping is beautiful, and it never feels crowded. CBR, especially the pool area can feel very crowded, I did not feel that at CSR. Pepper Market food is way better than the food court at CBR as well.