PDA

View Full Version : Transportation help

Scrappy2
04-22-2015, 06:16 PM
We have reservations for breakfast for O'Hana's on our upcoming trip. We are staying on property so I thought about parking at the ticket and transportation center and catching the monorail to the Polynesian and then catch a bus to HS. My question is there a bus or something back from HS to the ticket and transportation center?

BrerGnat
04-22-2015, 06:19 PM
You can park at the Polynesian for up to three hours if you have an ADR at Ohana. I would do that, and then drive over to DHS when you are done. It will save you a lot of time and hassle.

manutd1
04-22-2015, 07:01 PM
You can park at the Polynesian for up to three hours if you have an ADR at Ohana. I would do that, and then drive over to DHS when you are done. It will save you a lot of time and hassle.
We have visited the Poly many times...and stayed much longer than that. I don't think there is a time limit..or if anyone pays attention anyways?
We ate dinner there once...visited the beach looked around....etc. I have never heard of any resort monitoring how long you are parked there?:confused:

BrerGnat
04-22-2015, 07:10 PM
There has always been a 3 hour limit at all the resorts around the monorail as well as the Epcot resorts. I don't know how often they enforce it but it is in place because otherwise everyone would do that to avoid paying for theme park parking and there would be no spaces for actual guests of the hotel. They DO have the authority to tow your car if it is parked there all day and you are not staying there. The only way around it is to valet park, and then you can stay all day.

Pirate Granny
04-22-2015, 07:58 PM
There is a reason why they give you a resort parking pass and/or a visitor 3 hour limit parking pass at the gate.

manutd1
04-22-2015, 08:24 PM
There is a reason why they give you a resort parking pass and/or a visitor 3 hour limit parking pass at the gate.
Never was given one. We just tell them we are visiting..and or eating. No question ask. My friends also have the same experience. Disney is not going to tow your car when you are visiting a resort. I can almost guarantee that. We have spent MANY hours at the G.F. way beyond 3 hours and never an issue. To each their own about how long they think they should park there...Im just saying of all the years we have gone to WDW/DLR ...not one time visiting a resort have we been told about a length duration of stay or any such thing. If a family eats and then roams the resort....that could add up to a lot longer than 3 hours. So, I don't view that as an issue.:mickey:
I just don't think we need to make an issue for the O.P. or concern that doesn't exist.
I do show them our "key" or now magic band and state that we are an on property guest...as we always are. Not sure if that matters but again, simply not ever an issue. Especially, since on property guests park free anyways...so there is no reason to try and cheat and park at the resorts..satying on property = free parking at the park. Disney isn't going to tow an on property guest from a resort that are visiting.....

MargaretMessler
04-22-2015, 08:29 PM
If you do end up parking at the TTC, don't bother catching the monorail, it's a fairly short walk thru the resort to the grand ceremonial house where Ohana is located. Just take the tram from your car up to where you would board the monorail, you will see a path to the far end of the bus staging area, to the left of the ferry landing. Follow the signs.

Main Street Jim
04-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Disney is not going to tow your car when you are visiting a resort. I can almost guarantee that. We have spent MANY hours at the G.F. way beyond 3 hours and never had an issue. To each their own about how long they think they should park there...Wanna bet?

If you are *NOT* staying on property and only visiting the resort(s) for shopping/dining, you will be given a parking pass good for three hours.

I was a CM for almost ten years, never stayed on property, and visited every resort at least once (especially during the holidays), and was given the parking pass each and every time. We ran late more than once, and came out to a notice on the car...

manutd1
04-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Wanna bet?

If you are *NOT* staying on property and only visiting the resort(s) for shopping/dining, you will be given a parking pass good for three hours.

I was a CM for almost ten years, never stayed on property, and visited every resort at least once (especially during the holidays), and was given the parking pass each and every time. We ran late more than once, and came out to a notice on the car...
Yeah, thats what i said.....ON PROPERTY GUESTS. Which is what the OP is. I said ON PROPERTY guests won't get towed. For staying longer than 3 hours at another resort.
Reread my entire post..I specified on property. Im sure off property may get towed.
So yes....Ill take your bet...then your money!!! ;-)

Melanie
04-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Im just saying of all the years we have gone to WDW/DLR ...not one time visiting a resort have we been told about a length duration of stay or any such thing. If a family eats and then roams the resort....that could add up to a lot longer than 3 hours. So, I don't view that as an issue.:mickey:.....

This is not true for DLR. Parking is much more limited there, and in fact, there is a daily fee for hotel guests (with the exception of DVC members.) You cannot just pull up and say you want to park so you can eat at Steakhouse 55, for example.

manutd1
04-22-2015, 09:15 PM
This is not true for DLR. Parking is much more limited there, and in fact, there is a daily fee for hotel guests (with the exception of DVC members.) You cannot just pull up and say you want to park so you can eat at Steakhouse 55, for example.
Well, in all honesty...we have only had a car twice at DLR. But, We did park at Paradise Pier parking and at least last summer there was no fee. Unless it was an over night stay. That is the only place we have parked. Most of the time..We don't get a rental car until after D.L. then the rest of our so cal stay we rent a car and venture to L.A. and such. So we have only parked at DLR maybe twice in all our visits. But, we did last Sept. when we stayed at D.H. and it was fantastic!!
Note......Simba lot is where you can park for free at P.P. for food and etc. NOT an overnight stay.

Scrappy2
04-22-2015, 10:34 PM
I am not trying to park at Poly all day. I know that is not allowed. I was just trying to figure out how to get back to the ticket and transportation center from HS at end of day. I will check with Disney and see if I can park just for my meal and then drive to HS. I think at the end of the day that might be least hassle.

DizneyFreak2002
04-23-2015, 01:04 AM
I am not trying to park at Poly all day. I know that is not allowed. I was just trying to figure out how to get back to the ticket and transportation center from HS at end of day. I will check with Disney and see if I can park just for my meal and then drive to HS. I think at the end of the day that might be least hassle.
Park at the Poly just for your meal? No need to call Disney to find out... You can... You can park at Poly if you are dining there... Then hop back in your car and drive over to DHS... That really is the easiest solution...

Melanie
04-23-2015, 07:06 AM
Park at the Poly just for your meal? No need to call Disney to find out... You can... You can park at Poly if you are dining there... Then hop back in your car and drive over to DHS... That really is the easiest solution...

You can if its not busy. There's no guarantee. We were turned away just a few weeks ago.

BrerGnat
04-23-2015, 10:39 AM
You can if its not busy. There's no guarantee. We were turned away just a few weeks ago.

Probably because of Trader Sam's opening they were so busy. I'm sure parking for an early morning breakfast ADR will be no problem.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-23-2015, 10:52 AM
I think there are two, pretty straight-forward transportation options:

1. (my choice) Drive to Poly, enjoy breakfast and then drive to DHS.

2. take the bus to MK, the monorail to Poly (if the bus driver won't take you right to Poly ... sometimes they will) and then take a bus from Poly to DHS.

When we've had breakfast at the Poly, we've always driven, and with the ADR we've never had a problem parking. It is possible that you'll be asked to park at the TTC, but it is unlikely.

ThanxForNoticin
04-23-2015, 12:11 PM
We've never had any issue parking at Poly when we have a dining reservation. That is very likely your best bet, and then drive to HS from the Poly. We have had the guard check a reservation list to confirm we were on it, but you probably already have a reservation. Parking on the T&T lot is far less convenient.

Enjoy!

Melanie
04-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Probably because of Trader Sam's opening they were so busy. I'm sure parking for an early morning breakfast ADR will be no problem.

This wasn't the only time I've been turned away from a Disney resort, but sure, the OP should be fine at breakfast.

Maddie
04-24-2015, 08:01 AM
You can always take the bus from HS back to Poly and walk back over to the TTC.

DonaldDuck1117
04-24-2015, 03:03 PM
Wanna bet?

Yeah, I'll take your bet. Was a cast member for 3 years, never stayed on property, visited resorts all the time for shopping, or dining, or firework watching and never, ever, ever, was I given one of these "parking passes" you are talking about. Now, during Xmas I was turned away from the poly and contemporary due to the overwhelming number of people staying at the hotel.