PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier vs Yachtsman Steakhouse

crazygoalie39
04-20-2015, 06:36 AM
Which do you prefer and why?

TheDuckRocks
04-20-2015, 10:39 AM
We prefer the Yachtsman Steakhouse. I was served the only bad steak I've ever had on Disney property at Le Cellier. Worse than the very under cooked steak was the gristle running through it. The waiter had done a disappearing act and by the time he came back to check on us everyone else at the table had finished their entrée. The cook must have been in a snit that I returned the steak so when it came back it was burned to a crisp, same piece of meat with the cut marks still in it. By now everyone had finished dessert, which the waiter brought out even though he knew I still hadn't gotten my steak back. We then called for the manager who felt the only solution was to take the cost of my meal off the bill. I had a bowl of soup, no entrée, no dessert.

SBETigg
04-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Neither. My experience at Yachtsman was terrible. The service was bad. The atmosphere is nothing special. They substituted or left off pricier ingredients (caviar on one dish, and some things on the cheese plate). My steak was very fatty though not bad, but definitely not on par with what I've had at other fine steakhouses.

I'm not sure Le Cellier is worth the prices these days, either. If you like a good filet mignon, you can find one on almost any signature dining menu-- Narcoossee's, Flying Fish, California Grill, Jiko. And even some non-signatures. If you want a good steak dinner, maybe try Shula's at the Dolphin. You'll get the quality for a price, like most high end steakhouses.

SurferStitch
04-21-2015, 11:33 AM
We dined at both last December, and hade wonderful meals at both.

I will say, though, that Yachtsman was our favorite. Food and service were fantastic. The Peeky Toe Crab doughnut appetizer was absolutely delicious, and my filet was perfectly cooked and didn't have a speck of fat. DH's shrimp appetizer was huge, and his NY Strip was also perfect.

We were actually pulled out of a fairly long check-in line to be personally checked in by a very nice gentleman so we wouldn't have to wait.

The atmosphere is that of any steakhouse. Not super fancy, lots of wood, warm tones.... Comfy. Servers were very friendly and efficient. We loved chatting with them throughout the meal. This is a signature restaurant, so we dressed up.

Le Cellier was excellent as usual, but those crab doughnuts at Yachtsman made that the winner for us!!