PDA

View Full Version : Disney Laundry Room - Remote Monitoring

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-19-2015, 07:04 PM
I just found out about the neatest thing - as Disney is updating the laundry rooms, there is now remote monitoring.

This may sound a bit silly, but I know more than once we had to go and "check" if a machine was available, and then either run back and get our laundry or wait around until a machine was open.

You can see the status of the various laundry rooms here. (http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/)

(and if you're like me, you may check it out a few times before you go ... just for fun!)

manutd1
04-19-2015, 07:35 PM
I usually do two loads...1 white and 1 colors...I'll do it when the wife and kids goto sleep. Usually about midnight. Hardly ever anybody doing laundry then. I have never had to wait. But, while the clothes are washing...its a great time for a cigar by the pool!!:thumbsup: I know the pools are "closed" that late but there is usually folks sitting around talking and just getting some alone time also.
That is a strangely odd but cool site!!

DANAM
04-19-2015, 07:41 PM
This little tidbit just made my day. I like going home with all clean clothes! Thanks so much for the info.

WiltonJohn
04-19-2015, 10:03 PM
What an amazing detail. Who knew?

THANKS.

best,

................john

BrerGnat
04-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Uh, best thing ever! How cool!

azcavalier
04-20-2015, 08:39 AM
That. Is. Amazing.

Thanks!

magicofdisney
04-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Let's hope this doesn't become a fastpass option. Wait...maybe I'm on to something. ;)

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Let's hope this doesn't become a fastpass option. Wait...maybe I'm on to something. ;)

As long as DH can FP+ his drink at the pool bar while he does the laundry, he might not mind. :marg:

missymouseworld
04-20-2015, 10:33 AM
Great idea!!! I remember last summer running from building to building at GF looking for an empty washer. Someone in our building decided to do their laundry all afternoon and was using both washers. I wasted so much time running around.

princessgirls
04-20-2015, 11:26 AM
This is great!!!! Yep.... I am usually good for one late night of washing clothes on a Disney vacation...taking one for the "team"!

We had a soaking rain on our last trip for the entire day, and there was nothing to do with all of those clothes except wash and dry them.
You never know....
JUlie:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
04-20-2015, 12:29 PM
I love that technology! My son has it at his apartment complex too. It also texts him when his clothes are done in the washer or dryer. Helps keep absent-minded college students from forgetting their laundry in the machines.

Glad to hear that Disney is adding such a valuable feature to the laundry rooms. :thumbsup: