PDA

View Full Version : Post-Vacation Feedback

LittleSpirit02
04-19-2015, 05:54 PM
After a great trip, I always feel compelled to e-mail or contact the Disney website and let them know how much we enjoyed our stay as well as anything in particular we really appreciated (for example, I mentioned we were grateful for the ease of them accommodating vegetarians and a couple of cast members who made our trip extra magical). If there was anything I didn't like - I'd mention that too but there truly wasn't anything I'd change.

Does anyone else do this? I realise these e-mails probably don't even really get read or passed on to those who we mention but I just think it's nice and hope that by recognising those positive attributes - it's an incentive to keep it going. :mickey:

VWL Mom
04-19-2015, 06:09 PM
I don't usually email them unless something was very, very good or very, very bad. I do fill out the survey though and detail as much as I can.

missymouseworld
04-19-2015, 06:27 PM
I emailed Disney after last vacation when we had a reservation issue and it was rectified, and I did receive an email back. I also emailed them when we had to cancel last minute due to Superstorm Sandy and they responded then as well.

MNNHFLTX
04-19-2015, 06:37 PM
That's really a nice thing to do; I'm sure more people tend to contact Disney post-trip to complain about something than to compliment them. Speaking for myself, planning a Disney trip takes so much prep time on the front end these days that I'm not inclined to give up more of my time after the trip. I do fill out the survey and sometimes add positive comments in there.

tinkwest
04-19-2015, 08:11 PM
I am one that fills out any post-trip surveys. Have written twice. Once to express my complete dissatisfaction and disappointment with a portion of our trip. The other time to sing the praises of a cast member we witnessed doing her job with finesse and tact when dealing with an unreasonable guest.

If you feel inclined to write - go for it. I would not jump to the conclusion that your comments would not be read. I think it would be appreciated.

LittleSpirit02
04-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Just a follow up - a cast member from Guest Experiences left me a voicemail to thank me for sending over kind words and that she would be passing it onto those is the areas I'd mentioned. She even left her number and said I could call her if I wanted to discuss anything more. :)

So I guess emails do get read! :)

Fangorn
04-22-2015, 09:32 PM
On several occasions we have sent emails with kudos for CMs that went about and beyond. In each of those instances, we received a phone call thanking us for letting them know and assuring us that both the CM and their managers would be recognized for their actions.

DS was a CM for several years and he said that yes, indeed, those emails are read and shared with the appropriate CMs, managers and teams. Those "attaboys" and "attagirls" also go into the CM's personnel file.

So, boys and girls, keep those cards and letters coming in.

Steve

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-23-2015, 08:47 AM
If a CM has gone above and beyond, I make a point to note the name, place, time, etc and send an email with accolades.
The same goes if I see a CM that is not displaying the Disney Magic. An email with pertinent information.
I sent many accolade emails my last trip and only one disgruntled email. I received a personal phone call for the disgruntled email and just an email response for the accolades.

azcavalier
04-23-2015, 10:08 AM
That's really a nice thing to do; I'm sure more people tend to contact Disney post-trip to complain about something than to compliment them. Speaking for myself, planning a Disney trip takes so much prep time on the front end these days that I'm not inclined to give up more of my time after the trip. I do fill out the survey and sometimes add positive comments in there.

Agreed that usually only people who complain speak up.

I always fill out the surveys, though in many cases I think that the surveys are a joke. They often don't leave room for an actual complaint.

Of course, I can't think of an example off the top of my head to back that statement up, but I remember many, many trips where there was something I wanted to bring up, but the surveys, while they seem thorough, never seemed to address or leave a blank text box in which I could voice my frustration.

DANAM
04-25-2015, 11:48 PM
I always fill out the survey!! But I do this for everything not just Disney. I have on several occasions emailed about my experience. I feel its just as important to sign there praises as it is to note there faults. We had an awful experience at Mama Melrose once and I called, emailed, and wrote until someone responded. I wasn't looking to get anything but I wanted to make sure someone heard me.