PDA

View Full Version : Searching for short lines

Snow's Mom
04-19-2015, 03:27 PM
Park opening, TOT or RnR first? Does it matter? Assuming you ride the other one next.

Same question for MK. Which mountain first, Splash or Space?

One more.....are lines really noticeably lower during afternoon parade times, or not so much?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-19-2015, 05:46 PM
RnR first then ToT.

Space Mountain first, then Splash.

(Now, these are from my thrill-ride loving DH. DD and I are racing to Peter Pan and Toy Story Mania!)

I've never noticed lines really being lower during the afternoon parades. By that time, the crowds are generally high, so the draw of the parade doesn't make a huge difference, at least for me. :)

VWL Mom
04-19-2015, 05:52 PM
RnR first then ToT.

Space Mountain first, then Splash.

:thumbsup:

LittleSpirit02
04-19-2015, 06:00 PM
RnR, then ToT (side note: if you want to go on Toy Story Mania, I'd do that first for sure tho!)

Main Street Jim
04-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Me?

I'd recommend *Splash* and Thunder first thing in the morning.

*Most* people will head toward Tomorrowland first (it's that whole "more people are inclined to 'go to the right'" thing); fewer people head to Frontierland first thing.

Snow's Mom
04-19-2015, 10:00 PM
BTMR will be closed during my daughter's trip, so it's Space, then Splash. Thanks!

And RnR, then TOT. Then she will probably want to go to Starring Rolls, if she's not sick! She is skipping TSM this trip.

I was hoping daytime parade times would open up a small window of ride opportunity, but it doesn't sound like it.

azcavalier
04-20-2015, 08:38 AM
Me?

I'd recommend *Splash* and Thunder first thing in the morning.

*Most* people will head toward Tomorrowland first (it's that whole "more people are inclined to 'go to the right'" thing); fewer people head to Frontierland first thing.

That's because Tomorrowland is open earlier than Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. You can't get to them when the park opens!

Main Street Jim
04-20-2015, 11:58 AM
That's because Tomorrowland is open earlier than Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. You can't get to them when the park opens!Wait, what? Since when does Frontierland open "later" than the rest of the park?? I used to walk guests through Frontierland to Splash/Thunder at park opening every day....

I was hoping daytime parade times would open up a small window of ride opportunity, but it doesn't sound like it.You don't want to get stuck in the "dead end" corner of Splash/Thunder when the parade is going through Frontierland...or, on the other side, not be able to get to 'em (because the parade is passing by Pecos/CBJ - you'll be waiting about 30 minutes just to cross while the parade is going....)

Speedy1998
04-20-2015, 12:38 PM
That's because Tomorrowland is open earlier than Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. You can't get to them when the park opens!

??? Where did you hear that??? I have been going to WDW since 1980 and have never seen Tommorland open before the rest of the park.

-----------------------------------------------

As for the questions - In HS do R'n'R than ToT. From my experience ToT scares more people and usually has shorter lines. I will say however if you are willing to ride as a single rider go TOT than R'n'R in the single rider line.

Since fastpass came along I have not noticed the lines get much shorter during the parades. The FP line usually gets flooded with people as soon as the parade ends, which backs up the standby line.

#1donaldfan
04-20-2015, 06:15 PM
??? Where did you hear that??? I have been going to WDW since 1980 and have never seen Tommorland open before the rest of the park.

-----------------------------------------------

As for the questions - In HS do R'n'R than ToT. From my experience ToT scares more people and usually has shorter lines. I will say however if you are willing to ride as a single rider go TOT than R'n'R in the single rider line.

Since fastpass came along I have not noticed the lines get much shorter during the parades. The FP line usually gets flooded with people as soon as the parade ends, which backs up the standby line.

When the MK is under EMH the rope drop at the entrance takes "one group" to the mine train and the surrounding areas with the "second group" going straight thru the castle. There is a "second rope drop" just at the entrance near the Haunted Mansion. It's real, been this way the last several years that I know of. :mickey:

VWL Mom
04-20-2015, 07:02 PM
Wait, what? Since when does Frontierland open "later" than the rest of the park?? I used to walk guests through Frontierland to Splash/Thunder at park opening every day....

Maybe it's a time of year thing but when we vacationed in November (quite a few years) for Jersey week Tomorrowland did indeed open before Splash and BTMRR.

Main Street Jim
04-20-2015, 08:20 PM
Maybe it's a time of year thing but when we vacationed in November (quite a few years) for Jersey week Tomorrowland did indeed open before Splash and BTMRR.I worked at the park for ten years (2001-2010) - in both Frontierland and Tomorrowland...and with the exception of EMG mornings, Tomorrowland and Frontierland, along with the rest of the park, all opened at the same time (with the *few exceptions* of like Tiki, Treehouse, and Country Bears)...we've been down several times since, and have not heard this...I've never heard of "Jersey week", either...what's that? :confused:

Speedy1998
04-21-2015, 01:24 PM
So you are talking about EMH not a normal opening. Let's face it, most people do not get there in time for morning EMH anyway. Also many Disney guest (including myself) avoid the parks with EMH, because that is where the largest crowds will be.