PDA

View Full Version : Switching from POFQ to... ??

Tdob0605
04-18-2015, 08:54 PM
I hope this makes sense.... We are currently booked for the second week in November at POFQ. Two years ago, we stayed at CS during the same week, and we've booked again with the hopes that free dining will be offered during that week, as has been the case the past two years... I have to admit--I wasn't terribly impressed with CS, thus the reason for booking POFQ this time. I did not pay a bit of attention to the fact that POFQ is typically excluded from free dining, which now creates a dilemma... weve decided we probably should change resorts to better ensure a free dining room... What do you recommend for a family of 3 (DS will be a month shy of 4 when we go)? We LOVE POR (usually excluded from FD promo), not impressed with CS (it was just okay), never stayed at CBR (a little intimidated by the size)... The other option is to book at a Value and pay the difference to upgrade the dining plan. We've stayed at ASMo, and DS absolutely LOVED it, but that is usually excluded as well! GAH! So many things to consider! In the event that free dining is not offered, I will be upset if we switch from POFQ and can't switch back.... What to do, what to do?!?!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-18-2015, 09:40 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

We love POFQ (as you can tell from my signature), and have only stayed at POFQ and POR.

But, for free dining (it works out to be a deal for my family, but this isn't the case for everyone), I'd switch resorts. Just having a room at the resort you want to stay at won't matter, since you'll have to rebook under "free" dining anyways.

So, I'd decide where you want to stay, at the price you can afford. Any deal is a bonus!

Fangorn
04-18-2015, 09:48 PM
Here's what I would do:

1) contact Magical Journeys and have them take over your reservation (I reccomend Karen, personally)
2) don't change anything right now.
3) let your MJ agent (Karen?) know that you want free dining if it comes out and you're willing to switch resorts if you need to. Give them your resort preferences in order of acceptibility.
4) under these circumstances, if FD is offered, MJ will take care of it - probably before you are even aware that FD is available. If by some miracle, free dining is offered at FQ, you're good. If not, but it's available at one of the other moderates, MJ will change your reservation for you and notify you
once it's done.

Steve

Christine
04-18-2015, 09:59 PM
I agree with contacting Magical Journeys. Great suggestion!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-18-2015, 10:36 PM
I agree with contacting Magical Journeys. Great suggestion!!

Why didn't I think of that ... they sort EVERYTHING out. :) Can I triple that recommendation?

Zippy 1
04-19-2015, 12:05 AM
We have had free dining with POFQ twice. When did they stop being included?

Tdob0605
04-19-2015, 09:47 AM
We've never used a travel agent before, so here are my questions/concerns in doing so...

1. I LIVE for Disney planning. Getting ADRs and FP+ booked is one of my favorite parts of the whole trip! So if we turn our reservation over to MJ, which honestly sounds like the best way to get the resort we want, do we also relinquish control over the other aspects of planning?

2. Our dates are not 100% set in stone. We may have to take a day off depending on work schedules and finances... Although I do realize MJ will likely be able to help us figure the cheapest way to go.

Fangorn
04-19-2015, 11:54 AM
We've never used a travel agent before, so here are my questions/concerns in doing so...

1. I LIVE for Disney planning. Getting ADRs and FP+ booked is one of my favorite parts of the whole trip! So if we turn our reservation over to MJ, which honestly sounds like the best way to get the resort we want, do we also relinquish control over the other aspects of planning?

2. Our dates are not 100% set in stone. We may have to take a day off depending on work schedules and finances... Although I do realize MJ will likely be able to help us figure the cheapest way to go.

1) no, you don't relinquish control over ADRs and FP+. That's totally yours to do as you want. You don't even really relinquish control over the reservation, other than allowing MJ to be on hold for you and act on your behalf to make any payments or changes to the reservation for you. They won't do anything without your express permission. Which is why it's important to let them know your goals and preferences up-front - then they can jump on any discounts as soon as Disney releases them.

2) if your dates are not set in concrete (or even in Jell-O), that's yet another reason to contact MJ and let them help you figure out your options and what will work best for you.

And, of course, it doesn't cost you a dime more than if you did it all yourself.

Steve

Tdob0605
04-19-2015, 12:09 PM
1) no, you don't relinquish control over ADRs and FP+. That's totally yours to do as you want. You don't even really relinquish control over the reservation, other than allowing MJ to be on hold for you and act on your behalf to make any payments or changes to the reservation for you. They won't do anything without your express permission. Which is why it's important to let them know your goals and preferences up-front - then they can jump on any discounts as soon as Disney releases them.

2) if your dates are not set in concrete (or even in Jell-O), that's yet another reason to contact MJ and let them help you figure out your options and what will work best for you.

And, of course, it doesn't cost you a dime more than if you did it all yourself.

Steve

That is GREAT to know! Thanks for the advice! I will be looking into this ASAP!

taleasoldastime
04-20-2015, 03:49 PM
I hope this makes sense.... We are currently booked for the second week in November at POFQ. Two years ago, we stayed at CS during the same week, and we've booked again with the hopes that free dining will be offered during that week, as has been the case the past two years... I have to admit--I wasn't terribly impressed with CS, thus the reason for booking POFQ this time. I did not pay a bit of attention to the fact that POFQ is typically excluded from free dining, which now creates a dilemma... weve decided we probably should change resorts to better ensure a free dining room... What do you recommend for a family of 3 (DS will be a month shy of 4 when we go)? We LOVE POR (usually excluded from FD promo), not impressed with CS (it was just okay), never stayed at CBR (a little intimidated by the size)... The other option is to book at a Value and pay the difference to upgrade the dining plan. We've stayed at ASMo, and DS absolutely LOVED it, but that is usually excluded as well! GAH! So many things to consider! In the event that free dining is not offered, I will be upset if we switch from POFQ and can't switch back.... What to do, what to do?!?!

if it makes you feel any more at ease, i have stayed at POFQ and gotten free dining twice before