PDA

View Full Version : AK Buses

NJGIRL
04-18-2015, 09:29 AM
How are the buses from the AKL to the parks? We may be staying there in Sept.

mechanic
04-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Not the best. The vacation club resort shares, and gets first stop. Also the stop is downhill of the lodge and its a long walk to most rooms after a long day.
But its still one of our favorites!

NJGIRL
04-19-2015, 11:58 PM
Thank you!

Disney4us2
04-20-2015, 04:21 AM
The busses to the parks do stop at Kidani first and also drop off there first. The bus to DTD stops at Jambo first.

Granted the walk to the bus stop seems long. It's really about the same distance at Beach Club and Boardwalk bus stops.

I wouldn't let the busses be a deal breaker. AKL is a true experience, not just a hotel. There are a lot of activities at the resort.

NJGIRL
04-20-2015, 08:00 AM
The busses to the parks do stop at Kidani first and also drop off there first. The bus to DTD stops at Jambo first.

Granted the walk to the bus stop seems long. It's really about the same distance at Beach Club and Boardwalk bus stops.

I wouldn't let the busses be a deal breaker. AKL is a true experience, not just a hotel. There are a lot of activities at the resort.

The buses and hotel price combination will be a deal breaker on this trip. I have actually stayed at the AKL two different times so I know that the resort is nice. We have always had a car because I don't like taking the Disney bus system, but this time we will not have one and that is why I posted the question. It's a girls trip and I am looking for a hotel where the bus system will be the easiest since I am traveling with a child. AKL was not even a choice but someone offered me DVC there so I thought I would research the buses.
I did decline the DVC so now I am back to looking at maybe a value or moderate. Thanks for everyone's help.

Mickey'sGirl
04-20-2015, 08:19 AM
The bus to MK is horrific. We too always drive to the parks, except for MK .... and that bus was so slow and crowded and took soooo long each and every time over the 10 days we stayed at AKL. We won't be rushing back. I think your decision to stay moderate is a good one.

Disney4us2
04-20-2015, 08:41 AM
The buses and hotel price combination will be a deal breaker on this trip. I have actually stayed at the AKL two different times so I know that the resort is nice. We have always had a car because I don't like taking the Disney bus system, but this time we will not have one and that is why I posted the question. It's a girls trip and I am looking for a hotel where the bus system will be the easiest since I am traveling with a child. AKL was not even a choice but someone offered me DVC there so I thought I would research the buses.
I did decline the DVC so now I am back to looking at maybe a value or moderate. Thanks for everyone's help.

I really liked the busses at POFQ. There is only one bus area and it's a short walk from most of the buildings. I was in building 4, which is very close to the busses. I never heard them while in the room. Some times during non busy times they will stop at Port Orleans. If it's both resorts on the return to the resort, FQ is the first stop.

Just need to put up with the creepy masks at the food court...lol

I've stayed at CBR, didn't care for all the different stops. Values, I've only stayed at ASMovies. Some times shared with the other AS resorts. Don't know about Pop or AOA.

NJGIRL
04-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Thank you so much. I was looking at Riverside. Magnolia Bend looks cool, but I'm seeing that more people seem happy with the French Quarter. I am going to start another thread on the two, just to get a few more opinions.

DisneyFan1979
04-21-2015, 01:40 PM
I actually had a very positive experience with the AKL buses on my trip this month. I stayed at Jambo House from Easter Sunday through Wednesday. I timed trips to Epcot, MK, and the Studios. Epcot and the Studios were 10 min. and MK was 15. In the mornings it seemed that the bus would go directly from Jambo to the park (there was never anyone already on it from Kidani)--we were there at a fairly busy time though, so bus frequency seemed to be stepped up.

Priority Four
04-21-2015, 04:49 PM
We have stayed at Kidani a few times and have been pretty happy with the buses. The rides are longer, but there are fewer stops than the EPCOT resorts

#1donaldfan
04-24-2015, 03:47 PM
The busses from there are ok, just not great. We have waited very long time frames for the bus, both coming and going. They are certainly no better than Riverside or the FQ. :thumbsup: