PDA

View Full Version : Halloween party

Catzle
04-17-2015, 09:12 AM
We want to fly in just for the weekend. Is the party worth it. We have been to the Christmas one and liked it and want to try the Halloween one but my husband is skeptical.

faline
04-17-2015, 09:39 AM
With airfare rates these days, I've stopped going for long weekends. Many folks think the Halloween party is better than the Christmas party. I really like the Halloween party but don't think I'd go for a weekend just to attend.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-17-2015, 09:42 AM
I agree! The party is good, and we quite enjoyed it, but I don't think it is "special trip" worthy, unless you get a super deal on airfare.

sassafras
04-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Agreed! While we enjoyed the Halloween party, I don't feel it's worth the extra money to fly in just for that.

disney_daddy
04-17-2015, 11:22 AM
If you liked Christmas, you'll like Halloween. I actually liked Halloween better, but that's my opinion. As far as flying, that's your decision, but if you'd fly there for Christmas, then I'd fly there for Halloween.

Main Street Jim
04-17-2015, 07:58 PM
We want to fly in just for the weekend. Is the party worth it. We have been to the Christmas one and liked it and want to try the Halloween one but my husband is skeptical.The Halloween Party is *way* better, in my opinion.

But, the only "weekend" dates are:

Friday, September 18th and 25th;

Friday, October 2nd; Sunday, October 4th; Friday, October 9th; Friday, October 16th; Sunday, October 18th; Friday, October 23rd; Sunday, October 25th; Saturday, October 31st (which usually sells out way in advance);

and Sunday, November 1.

Catzle
04-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Booked! Excited. A lot of money for a 4 day weekend but kids are growing up and soon off to college so we are going for it! We are going Nov. 1st

VWL Mom
04-18-2015, 08:33 AM
Booked! Excited. A lot of money for a 4 day weekend but kids are growing up and soon off to college so we are going for it! We are going Nov. 1st

:yay: Totally agree, enjoy the family time as long as you can. Happy planning!

lawgirl
04-18-2015, 11:07 PM
We've been doing long weekend trips for a few years now, booked based on MNSSHP and MVMCP dates. For us, a couple of nights is great, going to the party is our big park "day", and it's been working out great. The flights are expensive for a few days, but for me its worth it. Id rather stay at a deluxe for 2-3 nights, go to the party, and eat at our favorite restaurant, than spend a whole week. But that's just us, and I think you'll have a blast. The halloween party is so fun and festive. The only time I do the MK now is for the parties!

lawgirl
04-18-2015, 11:09 PM

We are doing the exact same thing this year. Can't wait!

AdventurerKim
04-21-2015, 03:09 PM
This Fall will be our third long weekend for MNSSHP, and it is worth every penny, to us. We don't go every year but wish we could afford it. The party and everything about it is awesome! Also, wtih F&WF at Epcot, that makes the trip even better! Both events are worth the long weekend! The other long weekend we took was when the Comedy Warehouse and Adventurer's Club was closing so we could get one last visit to the clubs and see the shows one more time! What a fun weekend!

Catzle
04-21-2015, 10:14 PM
We are going for three nights but its only a 2 1/4 hour flight so not bad. We are excited to try something new. What do they give you to collect the candy with, a bag?

Ramblingman
04-22-2015, 02:24 PM
We love both parties, but NSSHP seems to be the favorite, by a slight edge. We are heading down the week before Halloween and are definitely planning on taking part.

Now we just have to come up with costumes. Last time we went, we were Donald Duck Dynasty and Daisy Duck Dynasty. It was a hoot.

Travelfanatic1
04-22-2015, 04:07 PM
My husband and myself have never been, but my daughter and her family love, love, love the MNSSHP. We are going to Disney in September and I have already purchased the tickets as an Anniversary gift for my daughter, husband and 2kids. They are a little pricey, but they have attended each time we visit and the special event is happening. :thumbsup:
Travelfanatic1

Cinderelley
04-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Everyone I have ever gone with has LOVED MNSSHP. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the tickets.