PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity sightings

disneycutie165
04-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Anyone have any cool celebrity sightings in Disney?

The closest my family got was the year Michael Phelps broke the Olympic record (can't remember what year that was?). We didn't actually see him, but a week after we left he was spotted walking across the Wilderness Lodge lobby. We had stayed there the week before; we just missed him!

Lame, I know. That's as close as I've been. Which celebrities did you see? Did you talk to them?

Disney Goof
04-16-2015, 02:26 PM
We saw Jeff Gordon riding Dumbo one year. This was before the Dumbo move.

Didn't talk to him, but some people did take pictures with him.
:mickey:

disneymom15
04-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Was standing close enough to touch Gary Sinise by RnR. He was there with his wife and 3 daughters.

Goofeygal
04-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Steven Tyler in MK.:cool:

brad192
04-16-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm dating myself here, but back in the early '80's I saw Lloyd Bridges in Epcot. He was filming something for Disney at the time. Didn't get to meet him, but I used my camera's long lens & got a couple of nice photos. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
04-16-2015, 05:44 PM

I am not really into celebrities at all, but my son would DIE if he ran into Steven Tyler in Disney. He is a huge Aerosmith fan. He has taught himself many Aerosmith songs on his guitar. Dream on is his absolute fave!

BrowncatP
04-16-2015, 07:40 PM
One time I saw the guy with all the Disney tattoos from head to toe. Lots of people stopped to take pictures with him. I did see Joe Rohde not long after EE opened at Ak going over to the ride.

brownie
04-16-2015, 09:24 PM
I was leap frogging with Sean Astin for a couple miles down Harbor Blvd during the Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon. He was doing run walk run while I was just running. Eventually I left him behind.

SAMI1206
04-17-2015, 02:28 PM
February 2013 was behind the entire Honey Boo Boo family (including Alana's security guy) in the standby line for Liitle Mermaid. They look just like they do on TV.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-17-2015, 08:03 PM
I saw Vanessa Williams at Disneyland in 2009. She was walking around near Soarin'.

i'm grumpy
04-19-2015, 12:47 PM
John Schneider and Marie Osmond when they used to have the foot print ceremony at DHS.

i'm grumpy
04-19-2015, 12:48 PM

:cool::woohoo:

i'm grumpy
04-19-2015, 12:49 PM
Was standing close enough to touch Gary Sinise by RnR. He was there with his wife and 3 daughters.

:joy:

LittleSpirit02
04-19-2015, 08:22 PM
:joy:

My mom saw him once, as well but in DCA near Soarin. :) Must be a Disney fan! :mickey:

azcavalier
04-20-2015, 08:48 AM

I see him every time I go to Epcot. But I have yet to actually meet him.

;)

NewDVCowner
04-20-2015, 01:07 PM
About two years ago I saw Adam Sandler at Big Thunder in Disneyland. I was just about to get on the train and he walked up with a vest and a little girl about 8 or 9 years old. The girl got on the ride and when I got off the train I walked by him and he was telling the vest '...if I ride it I'll be sick the rest of the day.'

DizNee143
04-20-2015, 02:09 PM
In inoventions I was playing one of the video games they had there...and I didn't realize it until my mom came up to me and was like do you realize your playing against Robin Williams. It was really cool. We were told he was there to have a good time just like everyone else and wasn't doing any pictures or autographs. I'll,never forget his funky outfit he had on though! That had to be about 15 years ago!
I've also seen Regis at the grand Floridian. And we had gone down many times when all the soap stars were there (mom is a die hard fan lol)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2015, 09:30 PM
We saw the guy that played a part in That's so Raven. No clue who he is/was but my nephews knew who he was. I wouldn't recognize him again if I tripped over him.

IloveJack
06-10-2015, 11:56 PM
I literally ran into Barry Bond's bodyguard the year that he broke the record. We were at DHS, and I was going into Starring Rolls as he was coming out of the CM entrance. I was reading the hours on the door, and not looking where I was going, and I ran right into him. Barry Bonds was right behind him. He was the grand marshall of the Stars and Motor Cars parade that day.

Lacy
07-01-2015, 10:19 PM
I was leap frogging with Sean Astin for a couple miles down Harbor Blvd during the Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon. He was doing run walk run while I was just running. Eventually I left him behind.

Were people trying to talk and get pics with him during the race? I've thought it would be cool to see him or some of the other celebrities that have done the races like Joey Fatone but haven't ever seen them.

The only celebrities I've seen was when I was in the college program and we went specifically because we knew they'd be in the parks those days.

Disney4us2
07-02-2015, 06:57 AM
My DD and her friend were at Disneyquest in early June. They heard via Twitter and Instagram that the Disney Channel stars were at DHS. So off to DHS. They were star hunting and found Grace Phipps ( from Teen Beach Movie & TBM 2). coming out of Star Tours. They got pictures with her. The others were more elusive and they couldn't find them.

brownie
07-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Were people trying to talk and get pics with him during the race? I've thought it would be cool to see him or some of the other celebrities that have done the races like Joey Fatone but haven't ever seen them.

The only celebrities I've seen was when I was in the college program and we went specifically because we knew they'd be in the parks those days.

Not while I was leapfrogging him, though maybe I was keeping the paparazzi away!

SurferStitch
07-05-2015, 10:00 AM
I was behind Neil Patrick Harris in line at Biergarten in Decemer of 2013. He was with his family, and was the nicest, most polite person! We chatted in line, and I helped him get food because his hands were full with his daughter (she wouldn't let him put her down). I had also literally bumped into him at MK in front of the castle a couple years before that, too! Again, he was so nice, and apologized for walking right into me.

I also saw Alan Jackson one time at MK running after one of his daughters.

We saw Barry Gibb at the Grand Flo in December of 2011 (I think... or 2009), too.

EeyoresBestFriend
07-05-2015, 12:31 PM
We had a wonderfully memorable safari seated beside Bill Engvall (comedian)and his wife on the Kilimanjaro Safaris in 2010.

We had some great interaction and fun with them during the safari and when we left the ride, no one else had even clued into who they were. :thumbsup: