PDA

View Full Version : Bus to Hoop Dee Doo

BKBrinkman
04-16-2015, 11:01 AM
We normally rent a car for our WDW vacations but are opting to just take the Magical Express and then WDW transportation for this trip. We have an ADR for Hoop Dee Doo at 4pm one of the days we're there and will be in Hollywood Studios that day for Star Wars weekends. Does anyone know if there's direct bus service from DHS to either Hoop Dee Doo or Fort Wilderness at about 3pm so we can make our ADR? Saw an article where they are testing bus service from MK to Fort Wilderness in May but I just assumed you could take a bus from DHS to FW. Any thoughts?

MargaretMessler
04-16-2015, 11:46 AM
Does anyone know if there's direct bus service from DHS to either Hoop Dee Doo or Fort Wilderness at about 3pm so we can make our ADR?

You can take a FW bus from DHS to Fort Wilderness, but then you would have to take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall where HDDR is.

If there is a bus from DHS to MK, I would take that and then the ferry over to FW, which lets off right next to Pioneer Hall.

Either way, I would leave DHS earlier than your 3pm, just to make sure you make a bus or ferry in time.

#1donaldfan
04-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Actually the best way is the boat from MK, however I just read today that they (Disney) are "trying out" a direct bus route there from the MK. I found that on another Disney site, so not sure of the accuracy. :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
04-16-2015, 03:55 PM
You could bus it to WL and then boat it to FW from there.

TheGarretts
04-16-2015, 05:32 PM
We have stayed at FTW 3 times. The boat from the MK can take a kinda long time, the internal buses for FW run frequently. Your best bet is bus from DHS to FW, then any of the 3 internal bus routes would be your fastest way there.

faline
04-16-2015, 06:02 PM
There is also boat transportation from the Contemporary.

#1donaldfan
04-17-2015, 11:55 AM
There is also boat transportation from the Contemporary.

We ate the Trails End a couple months ago and the line to go back to MK (boat ride) was all the way back to where the golf carts are (a long way), with no boat in sight. The boat to the CR was pulling up with not one person in line. We just waltzed right up, got on and just about the time we were pulling into the CR dock the MK boat floated by. I suggest using the smaller boat and walk to the MK from CR.:thumbsup: