PDA

View Full Version : New viewing Area at the castle

micky95
04-14-2015, 02:38 PM
just got back and the new viewing area is great.a lot more room for watching the fireworks but we did have an issue.when the castle movie show (don't know what its called but they put pictures on the castle)they stop you from walking in the area at the christnas gift shop and make you go around behind and funnel you thru by crystal palace .MAJOR CONGESTION.it was so crowded you could not walk but had to shuffle your feet to move thru.a cast member said they were working on the flow issue .they have also started using the tape on the ground for directing where to stop and where to keep moving but it was a MAJOR FAIL.haf a cast member behind tell me to keep going but when there are 20 people in front of you stopping to watch the show you not moving.hopefully they'll do like they do with the parade and rope off awalking area but you take the good with the bad and we still had a wonderful trip

Maddie
04-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Sounds a little nightmarish! Unfortunately Main Street USA in general is just so congested. I try to avoid it and watch the fireworks from near the exit or one of the monorail hotels. They opened up a back walkway behind the shops on Main Street USA to stream out during and after the fireworks because it was too congested to move when we were there! That was extremely helpful but I don't think this is something they want to do everyday as they don't want the guests to see behind the scenes.

tjstrike
04-14-2015, 07:00 PM
I'll be curious to see how good of job they do with the new FP+ seating for wishes and MSEP, I have FP+'s for both next month.

Coleby
04-14-2015, 07:31 PM
I'll be curious to see how good of job they do with the new FP+ seating for wishes and MSEP, I have FP+'s for both next month.

I don't know about both, but I have FP for Wishes...can't wait to see it!

manutd1
04-14-2015, 08:43 PM
IMHO, The best place to watch the show is just in front of the train station.....easy out after. Plus, I have never considered it congested at all.