PDA

View Full Version : FP+ question

tinxmom
04-13-2015, 07:01 PM
Ok, so we have a trip coming up where members of our party are staying for different amounts of time, but we all have the same days of park hoppers. Here's where we are confused.... when we make our FP+ choices, can we make for all of us and use the FP+ that is on another magic band? Do we need to physically have that magic band with us? And does it need to be scanned for entrance into the park? This seems like we should be able to do this because we have paid for these days of park hoppers even though some of us won't be there on some days. I don't know if I explained this, but I hope you understand what I am asking!

VWL Mom
04-13-2015, 07:18 PM
I have to ask why you bought tickets that aren't going to be used? Tickets are not transferable, they are assigned to one person and should not be used by another so what your considering is against Disney policy.

If your tickets are part of a Disney package and you still have time I suggest you reduce all the tickets to the least amount and upgrade them individually at the park.

tinxmom
04-13-2015, 07:28 PM
We had to do it this way because family members are coming and going but all in the same room (crazy schedules) and this was the most cost efficient way to do it - we checked very carefully through Magical Journeys. I wasn't asking about transferring the park hopper, I was wondering if we could use a FP+ that was booked on a day that family member was not with us. I had a feeling this wouldn't fly, but figured it was worth asking.

Hog
04-14-2015, 08:28 AM
No the magic band has to be scanned at the turnstile in order to be active. I am very confused why you have tickets for days you won't be able to use them. Like a previous poster said you should just reduce the number of days. But it sounds like you have it worked out. Just an FYI all adult tickets require a finger print to be assigned to each ticket when you first use it, that way no one else can use it.

WiltonJohn
04-14-2015, 01:54 PM
Just an FYI all adult tickets require a finger print to be assigned to each ticket when you first use it, that way no one else can use it.

Unless you are Tom Cruise's character in the Mission Impossible series. Then you just don a prosthetic. :secret:

best,

.................john