PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands came in

Cinderelley
04-13-2015, 02:57 PM
My friend just told me he got our magic bands in the mail today. He's so excited, just like a little boy. It makes everything worth it. :D

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-13-2015, 05:09 PM
It is exciting! The trip is that much closer, and it seems that much more real!

mymickeymouse
04-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Ours came in today!! Cant wait to get on line and link them! One step closer!!:party::cloud9:

brownie
04-13-2015, 07:53 PM
It's nice to get those reminders that your trip is getting closer.

Cinderelley
04-14-2015, 03:48 AM
Ours came in today!! Cant wait to get on line and link them! One step closer!!:party::cloud9:

You have to link them? O.o

Hog
04-14-2015, 08:20 AM
No they arrive already linked. You don't have to do anything other than pack them in your suitcase and they are ready to use when you arrive.

PopPhan
04-14-2015, 08:49 AM
No they arrive already linked. You don't have to do anything other than pack them in your suitcase and they are ready to use when you arrive.

Since you went online to 'customize' your MagicBand(s), there is no need to "link" them. They are already linked. If you purchased the MemoryMaker package for photos/videos, then you might want to go online and make sure that it is linked to your account/bands, but that would/should be all you need do.

I would DEFINITELY NOT pack them in my suitcase!! How are you going to get into your room or into a park (if you go to a park first) without your MagicBand?

Now, if you have a carry on piece for your flight, you can keep it there.

If you are driving....all bets are off! Keep it wherever you like! :D

azcavalier
04-14-2015, 09:26 AM
I would DEFINITELY NOT pack them in my suitcase!! How are you going to get into your room or into a park (if you go to a park first) without your MagicBand?

Now, if you have a carry on piece for your flight, you can keep it there.

Forget that! I would WEAR it the entire trip down! Ready to go!

PopPhan
04-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Forget that! I would WEAR it the entire trip down! Ready to go!

True that!

Our MBs came in yesterdays mail. Now, just waiting for the DME packet/yellow tags and being able to log in to Southwest to get our seat grouping.

15 days until WDW and first stay at POR!!!

Cinderelley
04-16-2015, 09:30 AM
23 days for me. Getting more excited! :party:

forever a child
04-17-2015, 07:05 PM
How long before your trip do they generally arrive? DD's trip is May 8th and she still does not have the bands yet. I told her to call them to find out when they are going to be shipped. Her trip is paid in full.

Cinderelley
04-18-2015, 05:43 AM
How long before your trip do they generally arrive? DD's trip is May 8th and she still does not have the bands yet. I told her to call them to find out when they are going to be shipped. Her trip is paid in full.

My trip starts May 9. She should be getting them soon if she hasn't already.

forever a child
04-18-2015, 11:07 AM
My trip starts May 9. She should be getting them soon if she hasn't already.

She called last night after I told her to check on them. She said they had not shipped them as of yet as there was a "hold" on them but she was not told the reason for the hold or contacted. In any case, I guess they are now going to be shipped and she was told that they would arrive May 1st. I thought this was all rather odd.

I was concerned anyway because she is requesting them to be shipped to her college address and not our home/account address. But she said the address they had on record to ship them to was correct. Oh well, hope they arrive on the 1st!

Cinderelley
04-18-2015, 08:12 PM
I am a travel nurse and had mine shipped to where my current contract is, not my house. Having it shipped to her college address shouldn't be a problem. Maybe they just had them on back order? Hopefully they will get there May 1st, and she'll have an excellent trip.

wdwaggie
04-19-2015, 01:02 AM
We have our Magic Bands and our DME yellow tags! Can't wait, we leave this Sunday to go back "home" to the Wilderness Lodge!!:thumbsup:

VWL Mom
04-19-2015, 05:27 AM
She called last night after I told her to check on them. She said they had not shipped them as of yet as there was a "hold" on them but she was not told the reason for the hold or contacted. In any case, I guess they are now going to be shipped and she was told that they would arrive May 1st. I thought this was all rather odd.

Something doesn't seem right here, has she paid what is due if on a package? The bands are normally shipped 29 days prior and usually via FedEX, UPS or another quick service. She calls and they still are not shipping until the end of the month, I would call back and find out what the problem is.

forever a child
04-19-2015, 12:02 PM
I am a travel nurse and had mine shipped to where my current contract is, not my house. Having it shipped to her college address shouldn't be a problem. Maybe they just had them on back order? Hopefully they will get there May 1st, and she'll have an excellent trip.

Something doesn't seem right here, has she paid what is due if on a package? The bands are normally shipped 29 days prior and usually via FedEX, UPS or another quick service. She calls and they still are not shipping until the end of the month, I would call back and find out what the problem is.

Since I am not going this trip, I can't call. She did speak with someone Fri night and she is studying for finals, so I doubt she'll want to do it again so soon. Yes, she has a room only basic package, so she had to prepay the 45 days prior, which she did. But maybe it is like what Cinderelley said and they had some of the band colors on back order. All she said to me was that she was told their bands had a "hold" on shipping them out for some reason. I also found it strange that they were not going to get them to her faster, like in the next day or two...but she said May 1st was when she was told they would arrive.

She's 20 and this is her first trip without me. She has planned it with her friends, booked it and paid for it all on her own, so I am gonna let her take care of her own trip. She is the one who asked me if she should call since it was 3 weeks out (I had forgotten with all of the other stuff for DCP and my trips I have to plan to WDW). We shall see! :mickey: