PDA

View Full Version : Episode 76 - Christmas in April

John
04-12-2015, 10:30 PM
INTERCOT Insider Live Disney Podcast
Episode 76 - Christmas in April
The Cast: Christine Warner, Cindy Jachrimo, Gary O’Brien, Ian Mitchell, Melanie Bounds, John Yaglenski

- Trader Sams/Poly villas & bungalows premiere, Tiki finally in lobby.
- Mel’s Trip Report/Poly info - Be Our Guest Breakfast, The Hub.
- Relay for Life April 17 in Celebration, Florida - Donate $25 or more before April 17 and be entered to win one of two Fantasyland Lithographs. DONATE HERE: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/levelbest
- Disney Springs Boathouse & Steaks, Amphibicar rides, Sushi at Splitsville.
- Take it or leave it - $2k a Night Stay @ the Polynesian Bungalos - Leave it across the board. Canada needs to get an alternate theme song version in. We’re very needy.
- Pedro’s South of the Border talk
- Universal - John (the comparison to Disneyland is inevitable), the stay, the rides, the hotels etc.
- Woman Denied Entry At Disney’s Magic Kingdom For Trying To Bring In Baby Bengal Tiger (we have our doubts)
- Christine’s Cruise Report (tip: book a smaller ship)
- Disney now a bank? *Have you seen where Disney is doing their own savings club for vacations?
- Selfie Sticks ban
- John missing the Fonz
- #runICOT 2016 registrations are coming up http://www.intercot.com/news/runicot
- The INTERCOT party house

>> Listen, Download, Enjoy, Share, LOVE & Tell A Friend (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2015/episode-76.asp)!

mickeyman42
04-13-2015, 08:50 AM
Still listening to the podcast but I just wanted to let you know that I got my donation in, and to let you know how much I, and I'm sure everyone here, appreciates everything you do for this Disney community. Without your hard work and dedication to the site, the podcasts and everything else, we would not be together as a community, a community that I have only been a part of for a short time, but feel very much a part of. It was the first place I came across planning my first trip to WDW for my daughters, and its the place I have turned to countless times since for info, advice or to simply share my experiences and opinions. I don't post much, but again, thank you

BrerGnat
04-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Listening now.

Just a note, re: Disney Vacation Account...0.02 is 2%. So, technically if they give you 2% as a bonus in gift cards, that is not a bad deal. Most banks don't even pay 1% in interest on savings accounts.

John
04-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Listening now.

Just a note, re: Disney Vacation Account...0.02 is 2%. So, technically if they give you 2% as a bonus in gift cards, that is not a bad deal. Most banks don't even pay 1% in interest on savings accounts.

Good thing we aren't in accounting. Today it was a no brainer figuring that out - in mid podcast stream, not so much. :-o

John
04-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Still listening to the podcast but I just wanted to let you know that I got my donation in, and to let you know how much I, and I'm sure everyone here, appreciates everything you do for this Disney community. Without your hard work and dedication to the site, the podcasts and everything else, we would not be together as a community, a community that I have only been a part of for a short time, but feel very much a part of. It was the first place I came across planning my first trip to WDW for my daughters, and its the place I have turned to countless times since for info, advice or to simply share my experiences and opinions. I don't post much, but again, thank you

Thank you SO MUCH for your generosity! We appreciate it!

BrerGnat
04-13-2015, 02:26 PM
Good thing we aren't in accounting. Today it was a no brainer figuring that out - in mid podcast stream, not so much. :-o

I figured it was all the beer you all drank. ;) Having a kid in 5th grade doesn't hurt when it comes to basic math recall.

Christine
04-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Listening now.

This was FUNNY!!! We were all struggling and commented "it shouldn't take this long to do math!?!"

Christine
04-13-2015, 06:41 PM

Thank you so much!!!! John Y & I will be posting on all of our social media sites the entire night! Friday April 17, 6pm to Saturday April 17 7am! Thanks for helping support Relay for Life!
#cancersux

Christine
04-13-2015, 08:25 PM
I figured it was all the beer you all drank. ;) Having a kid in 5th grade doesn't hurt when it comes to basic math recall.

I drank skim milk this show. Just can't do math :blush:

PopPhan
04-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Y'all seemed to be getting all discombobulated over the Disney Vacation Account, which is really nothing different that making payments on an existing reservation. I would have to see more information on whether or not you lock in the rates at the time you begin your vacation account, or if you will pay the rates at the time you actually make a reservation.

It just seems like an installment payment plan for an existing reservation.

Now, for the interest part.....As a bonus for creating a vacation account, thereby promising Disney money for a visit, they are giving you a 2% "reward", much like the Chase Disney Rewards Visa. (I wish the CDRV gave 2%!!)

Ian
04-18-2015, 11:57 AM
This was FUNNY!!! We were all struggling and commented "it shouldn't take this long to do math!?!"I don't like the maths

PirateLover
04-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Another fun one! And the tiger story is real, only it was a bengal KITTEN, as in cat, not tiger. The woman was apparently calling it a tiger, though.

We had the same exact expeirence as Ian on CoP where the ride was stopped and we were signaled out for filming :blush:. The voice was VERY mean and I was convinced they were going to take our tape when we got off (it was 2004). Most of the rides you can film, though. They will say in advance whether you can or cannot. I guess we missed it on CoP. Another great moment in rule breaking history was when a foreign guest was taking nonstop flash pictures during Pirates. This wasn't your average flash- this was paparazzi level bright flash with multiple pops. Very annoying and disruptive. They made an announcement reminding everyone that there are no flash pictures, but the guy kept on snapping. Finally, a cast member came out onto a balcony, shone a light down on the boat and yelled "NO FLASH!" Everyone cheered. The guy stopped for maybe 5 seconds and then snapped a pic of the CM!!!

disneykidsince1970
04-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Greetings from Switzerland!

So - loving the podcast as always - and a special thanks for posting so close to the record date!

I was excited to hear about Trader Sam's as Nikki was there when Mel was and I got random pix thru my early morning (your night) of her beer flights, etc. and a great pic of she and Mel! She also said some big Disney mucky-muck VIP came in later and tables were cleared for the entourage. I guess the opening has met expectations. CHEERS!!

and... Christine!! I am sure that Nikki would have walked with you on the 17th! I was thinking about you guys...hope that you had some other walkers with you. What a great story from last year - and John's inspiration for this year. Thanks for sharing it all.

Now... on the Bungalows. PEOPLE. of COURSE these bungalows are MADE for a PARTY!! seriously. It took you guys an HOUR to think of it!? C'mon - I expected more from this crew! :) When you were doing the take it or leave it...I was thinking...TAKE IT for my 50th birthday party in 7 years!! The question will be... do other like-minded party people ruin the party idea before then? I can imagine that it won't take long for certain rules to be put in place around this idea.

I think the conversation about the bungalows compared to the suites or concierge was spot on. Suites are so wicked expensive - I've never come close to considering them. We've considered concierge a few times but never taken the plunge. So.. why do the bungalows appeal? Plunge pool...? nah. I think it is the view...or the fact that it is on the water - it is a helluva lot cheaper than flying to Bali for similar room. :)

On a separate note, one crazy thing that we DID take the plunge on for on our last trip (Feb) was a private tour guide. Crazy expensive but you can bring 10 people so when you do the math.... it is still a lot!! But, for us, it was worth it for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't do it every year by any means (again, a variety of reasons) but we did hit 19 attractions in 3 parks in 8 hours. :thumbsup: YOWZA.

Finished at 4:00. Nap at 4:05. Happy Hour at 5:00.

Nikki was with us and could relate some good stories about that day and the experience if anyone is interested.

So - off to listen again... THANKS AGAIN for taking the time - to all of you. It is just so great to listen to happy people talking about my happy place....it really does make me feel connected and closer... :blush:

:mickey: Carolyn