PDA

View Full Version : June Crowds and FP strategy

tinxmom
04-12-2015, 10:47 AM
This is really two questions but they are interrelated. First time visiting in June (19-24) and first time with the new FP in place. Wondering about crowd levels and since we will be park hopping, do we FP in our morning park or our afternoon park? I am leaning towards winging it in the morning park, but some of our party is not in agreement. Would love your opinions...

faline
04-12-2015, 11:19 AM
June crowds can be variable. We've gone in June and been pleasantly surprised at how low the crowds were. We've gone in the same time frame and found crowds to be much heavier than expected.

If you get to the park at park opening, you will be able to do quite a lot within the first few hours. Since it will be so hot and humid, I'd suggest a mid-day break back at your resort to cool down - maybe go to the pool - and then return to the park(s) late in the afternoon/early evening. By then, it may be difficult to get on the rides you want without having a fast pass reserved. I'd probably use my fastpass plus bookings for this time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Depending on your exact plans, it probably makes sense to use FP+ in the second park.

Lines are (fairly) short first thing in the morning, and you'll be able to get a few things done before the crowds increase.

I'd "wing it" in the morning, have a mid-day break, and then FP+ ready and waiting in the evening park. There just won't be any available when you get there, so you'll be stuck waiting.

The only other way we did it a few days was to book FP+ for mid morning/early afternoon, but those were on days when we weren't planning any of the "more popular" attractions in the second park.

tinxmom
04-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Ok, so far 2 out of 2 think we are better off getting FP+ for the park we are visiting later in the day. Anyone else want to weigh in?? I am starting to wonder if we should not have bothered with Park Hoppers. I just can't get my head around this FP+ system....

LVT
04-13-2015, 07:17 AM
I leave soon and also went with later FP choices.
We shall see. We tend to get there early and retreat around noon for nap/swim. It was hard to plan ahead, instead of just voting when we get to the bus stop. :secret:

Priority Four
04-13-2015, 10:55 AM
We booked our FPs mid morn to early afternoon in the first park. Our second park is usually to see shows and fireworks. The lines die down late on the "family"attractions like Buzz and Small World as well. We are going in the first part of June

deedee73
04-13-2015, 01:14 PM
I think it really depends on your personal touring plan...if you are rope drop people than I would not do the FP under later. But that being said are you trying to get 2 parks in each day or just going to the second for a meal or nighttime shows? If the latter is true than you will not need FP for the 2nd park. If you are trying to hit major attractions at the 2nd park then use the FPs there.

Usually when we park hop it is for a meal or fireworks/show so we wouldnt need the FP ay the 2nd park. Also we are not rope drop peoole so we need them to get through the 1st park in a timely fashion. Good luck

#1donaldfan
04-13-2015, 01:28 PM
We are your typical June traveler to Disney. It's rather busy but not like NYE or the week of Thanksgiving. It's also very hot.....

What we typically do is rope drop a park and with that we get to ride whatever we want by virtually walking on the ride, never more than a 15 minute wait as the day moves toward noon. We leave noonish and play n nap at the resort for several hours, then get cleaned back up to hit our evening park with our FP's ready to use. :mickey:

tinxmom
04-13-2015, 06:55 PM
Thanks for all your responses - you justified my feelings about afternoon FP+ !!