PDA

View Full Version : Help . Was I right?

Tiggerlovr9000
04-11-2015, 07:55 PM
We are going to DL for one day next week. This is our 5th trip and we have always offered to treat my dhs cousin and his wife for a day at DL. They said this trip they would take us up on our offer. Now his wife has to work in the afternoon and so maybe they could come for half the day or we all could go to lunch and then go to Dl . I just
don't want to spend the money and not go all day. So I text them maybe we could just do lunch and walk around downtown disney. Now I wonder if I did the right thing?:confused:

BrerGnat
04-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Why can't you go all day and have them join you after she gets off work?

Tiggerlovr9000
04-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Why can't you go all day and have them join you after she gets off work?
He takes her to and from work. She doesn't drive. She works at twelve and gets off at 6. So yes we could stay all day and just keep meeting up with them.but it just seems like such a waste of money for their two tickets. I know I sound like a terrible person. Guess I will just go ahead and buy the tickets if that's what they want

BrerGnat
04-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Yeah, since you offered, buy the tickets and let them decide what they want to do. If the park is open late, they can still do plenty after 7pm.

Tiggerlovr9000
04-11-2015, 09:02 PM
ok thanks for the help.

VWL Mom
04-12-2015, 11:18 AM
I probably would have said "sorry it didn't work out, maybe next time". Since it's probably too late for that option, offer to meet them for breakfast and DTD then you still have the rest of the day to enjoy. Lunch is tough since they probably have to leave by 11A for her to get to work.

Sorry to say but to me it sounds like her excuse to get out of it, the one day you're in town she suddenly has to work?

Tiggerlovr9000
04-12-2015, 11:59 AM
I probably would have said "sorry it didn't work out, maybe next time". Since it's probably too late for that option, offer to meet them for breakfast and DTD then you still have the rest of the day to enjoy. Lunch is tough since they probably have to leave by 11A for her to get to work.

Sorry to say but to me it sounds like her excuse to get out of it, the one day you're in town she suddenly has to work?

Sorry I wasn't clear. We will see them two other days on our trip but this is the only disney day. Evidently there was a mix up with her time off. I can certainly understand her having to work.

VWL Mom
04-12-2015, 01:03 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear. We will see them two other days on our trip but this is the only disney day. Evidently there was a mix up with her time off. I can certainly understand her having to work.

Gotcha. Glad you'll be able to spend time with them even if it's not at DL.

buzznwoodysmom
04-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I would NEVER expect anyone to treat me to expensive tickets to a Disney park (or anywhere really) and only use the ticket for a half day. It seems like a waste of time and money if you ask me. I assume they know how much their tickets are costing you guys? I feel it is in poor taste for them to accept your offer given her work situation.

Would have been better to say "it just won't work out this time. Maybe next time".

Pirate Granny
04-12-2015, 06:20 PM
I agree, they are locals and know how expensive tickets are. I'm shocked that they would serious consider taking you up on your offer for a few hours at DL.

Cinderelley
04-13-2015, 02:55 PM
I would willingly do it to spend a few hours with people I care about. You can't take the money with you, but you can leave behind some wonderful memories.

Tiggerlovr9000
04-13-2015, 03:25 PM
I would willingly do it to spend a few hours with people I care about. You can't take the money with you, but you can leave behind some wonderful memories.

You misunderstood. We were going to change our plans and not go either. That's why I thought we could do lunch or whatever. So we would still be spending time with them.