PDA

View Full Version : FP+ Cheating?

Priority Four
04-07-2015, 09:54 AM
We have group of six. Three thrill riders. Three wave at me from the top of Everest, I'll be on the ground thank you ers. Old FP system was six past passes for each ride = two FP for three people. So I assume we can ride then trade bands and ride again?

Strmchsr
04-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Yes, that's fine. It's not cheating.

Hog
04-07-2015, 10:10 AM
If you do this, just make sure you arrive with enough time to get through the FP line, ride the ride, get off and back on again. I have waited in my fair share of long FP lines.

paragon
04-07-2015, 10:37 AM
You may also consider using "single rider" line,
And may actually get more rides in less time, provided that riders do not mind being separated. We do this a lot, often all getting into the same train.

Priority Four
04-07-2015, 11:09 AM
We have not ever really been into single rider lines. I think they are great on some rides, Maybe we will look into that more this next trip.

Another question. Can we all get in a standby line and have one non rider take the bands and go get a 4th fastpass the way we did with a key to the world?

I'm really trying not to hate FP+ before we try it, but I hate change and we felt like we had our system down. I do love to plan so that part is not all bad. The family meeting to choose fast passes was fun

Strmchsr
04-07-2015, 11:14 AM
I don't remember 100% for sure, but I think one person can go to do the 4th FP and they can link it to everyone in your party. You don't even have to take the bands. Hopefully someone can confirm I'm correct on that.

Yes, the FP+ system is incredibly annoying, but it's the system now so we just deal with it and move along. Why Disney took something that worked and made it 100 times more complicated and standby lines for many rides MUCH longer (POTC, HM, Imagination, etc) I'll never know, but we roll with it.

Priority Four
04-07-2015, 11:40 AM
I was wondering about those standbys in the rides that added FP like POTC , Small world and Spaceship Earth

paragon
04-07-2015, 11:47 AM
We actually had no issues with FP on our last trip in September. Everything worked out quite well. What we did notice however, was that the actual FP lines were longer-the stand by line. Of course, in September, all the lines are usually shorter anyway- we never had more than a 20 minute wait time in stand by and often 10 minute waits were walk on.

I use the single rider line on EE, RNR and TT often. Especially for RNR, that's my favorite.

SBETigg
04-07-2015, 12:11 PM
We have group of six. Three thrill riders. Three wave at me from the top of Everest, I'll be on the ground thank you ers. Old FP system was six past passes for each ride = two FP for three people. So I assume we can ride then trade bands and ride again?

You can do this, but I'm not sure the non-thrill riders in your party will be willing. Even rides that never had lines before now have lines, so giving up the ability to FP something else will really hinder them from enjoying themselves while you are thrill riding. They could be using their FP+ for other quieter rides while you are thrill riding. This would not have been an issue before FP+. (Sorry, I realize that you are one of the non-thrill riders, but the same advice applies).

Priority Four
04-07-2015, 12:18 PM
I need the people in my family to finish college and stop taking teaching jobs so I can go in September and February.

I am forced to plan every day (at least half the day) 60 days out, but there was so much change that I don't feel I have enough information to make the best decisions. There is no way to account for weather or someone not feeling well on the day we have a FP for their favorite ride. Staying up late to get FP's for fear that they will be gone or if we don't get the right times our day is messed up. If we show up at a park and it is crammed with people because all the South American tours went to the same park you can't call an audible and head to another park without wasting our FP's. We can't split up on our last day and grab a fast pass for our new favorite ride one last time before we head back to Texas

Priority Four
04-07-2015, 12:23 PM
All that said, I am sure there are some advantages besides not having to be at rope drop every morning. Who am I kidding, we are always at a park at rope drop. It's what we do. We will adapt and overcome. Also what we do.

azcavalier
04-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Another question. Can we all get in a standby line and have one non rider take the bands and go get a 4th fastpass the way we did with a key to the world?

You don't need to have the bands of everyone in your party to grab extra FPs. It's all online. They *know* who's in your party, and what FPs you have. So when you go to a kiosk, they pull your party up on the iPads and just assign the FPs.

Priority Four
04-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Cool. Thanks mucho for the info.

Speedy1998
04-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Actually I think this is one of the behaviors Disney was hoping to change with the new FP+. Not saying it is wrong, I am guilty of it myself.

However, On my last two trips we did not do this, because the members of our party who do not like coasters used their FP+ to meet characters while the rest of us rode the coasters.

Priority Four
04-07-2015, 01:38 PM
My guess is you are right. Behavior modification is a thing at the world.

We travel in a pack so that we all experience pretty much the same thing. We all sit thru Country Bears because my son finds it hilarious and we all risk brain damage that can be caused by hearing "it's a small world" because my wife loves it, etc. We are just weird that way. I'm not saying it's the right way. It's just our way.

mechanic
04-07-2015, 03:26 PM
That interesting, we started splitting up as soon as the kids were 12 or so. We meet up frequently, to eat or chat. Sometimes I leave my DW on main st to gocheck out something alone.

Priority Four
04-07-2015, 03:53 PM
My kids are 21 with a boyfriend and 24 with a wife. We just hang out together a lot partly by design (kids always meet for dinner when it's free) but mainly because we enjoy each other's company.

We do on occasion split up some, but ninety percent of the time, we are together in the parks. DQuest is a split up for sure because I don't want my kids to see their mom get whipped at Centipede.

magicofdisney
04-07-2015, 04:29 PM
DQuest is a split up for sure because I don't want my kids to see their mom get whipped at Centipede.

Do they have old machines with the spinning ball that moves your centipede? I LOVED rolling that ball to move my centipede!

Priority Four
04-07-2015, 04:43 PM
Yes they do! It is Awesome! Lots of 80's games in the Rewind area. Fourth floor I think

Maryu50
04-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Sorry, this is a bit off topic. But, here it goes......
We'll be in The World in June. We're doing FP+'s for:
Spaceship Earth 9:35-10:35 AM
Soarin' 10:55-11:55 AM
Nemo and Friends. 11:55 AM-12:55PM

My "?" is this: Is it WORTH getting FP's for Illuminations? I've heard it really isn't. Plus, do they try to cram 100's of people that comfortably fit maybe a few hundred?? IF the threads say "NOPE" then my DH wants to get one for Test Track after our 4:30 resies at Via Napoli ....That way, we can go "wherever" to watch Illuminations...

Thanks in Advance,
Maryu54:mickey:

Strmchsr
04-19-2015, 01:37 PM
I personally don't think the Illuminations FP is worth it since you can find a place somewhere around the lagoon to watch. It is a bit crowded in the FP location.