PDA

View Full Version : need reassurance

mymickeymouse
04-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Somebody who has been:confused: to brown derby, make me believe the food is worth the cost?

faline
04-05-2015, 04:24 PM
This restaurant has gotten mixed reviews by others. It is one of my favorites and I have greatly enjoyed dining at this restaurant.

If you have doubts about whether or not you want to spend the money to dine at this location, I'd suggest you skip it. It really needs to be worthwhile to you to be enjoyable.

Strmchsr
04-05-2015, 04:33 PM
I think the food is worth it if you like this style of food. It's what I call "froo-froo" food. I'm a pretty plain meat and potatoes kind of guy so Brown Derby really isn't my thing but my foodie wife really enjoys it. So if you're into the style of food you'll probably really enjoy it, but check the menu first.

mymickeymouse
04-05-2015, 04:52 PM
I too am more meat and potatoes. We have eaten at shulas and i Just wonder if that might be a better choice.....:(

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-05-2015, 05:12 PM
My husband loves it. I'm with Chris though, I like more "regular" food and didn't take to it at all. I found it a hard place to make substitutions, and not much appealed to me on the menu.

I'd skip it, personally anyways.

Disneylovescompany
04-08-2015, 12:32 PM
I really like top level food, creative dishes, etc. Depends on my mood obviously, but, if I find a place that does it well, I really enjoy it. Nice atmosphere, pretty daring menu, not always executed well. Given the fact that the majority of the table service restaurants at DS are below par, its usually the best choice. Worth the price? Debatable, but compared to the other offerings in the park, its the best thing you will find. We started doing more counter service at DS due to the fact the table service restaurants on a whole are not very good. Obviously Epcot due to WS is the best, but even MK and AK have better overall restaurants than DS. And thats not saying much.

#1donaldfan
04-08-2015, 01:02 PM
The food is NOT worth it there. I love most all Disney eateries and go for the food but that one was a "been there done that" place for me. The service and atmosphere was fine, the food....not even close to being worth it...:cool: