PDA

View Full Version : The next time anyone asks about Easter week crowds...

dnickels
04-02-2015, 01:56 PM
The next time anyone asks about Easter week crowds, point them to the following current (1:50 PM) times on the Thursday before Easter per the MDE times.
BTMRR: 80 mins (was down for awhile earlier otherwise this would probably be higher)
Peter Pan: 90 mins
Seven Dwarves: 130 mins
Space Mtn: 145 mins
Splash Mtn: 120 mins

I'm glad I'm not over there, but a friend went with her extended family to the MK today, they had no Fastpasses planned ahead of time. She knew what they were in for but I don't think the family did. It'll be interesting to hear her thoughts after they leave. :)

joonyer
04-02-2015, 02:25 PM
The next time anyone asks about Easter week crowds, point them to the following current (1:50 PM) times on the Thursday before Easter per the MDE times.
BTMRR: 80 mins (was down for awhile earlier otherwise this would probably be higher)
Peter Pan: 90 mins
Seven Dwarves: 130 mins
Space Mtn: 145 mins
Splash Mtn: 120 mins

I'm glad I'm not over there, but a friend went with her extended family to the MK today, they had no Fastpasses planned ahead of time. She knew what they were in for but I don't think the family did. It'll be interesting to hear her thoughts after they leave. :)

Sounds about like Christmas week. And on top of Easter, it's also spring break this week for many schools and colleges.

mechanic
04-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Average times for a busy season.

manutd1
04-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Nothing unusual about those wait times....Unless a person has lived on the moon for the past 30 years.......WDW is very busy leading up to Easter.

#1donaldfan
04-03-2015, 12:31 PM
I agree, those wait times are becoming the norm rather than the exception. We have learned to rope drop each park and we are pretty much walk ons for whatever ride we want, at least up till noonish !! :mickey:

DNS
04-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Wow - That seems ridiculous to me, but then we always go during the slower times. I just don't think I could wait that long on most rides. I hope EMH make things better for those of you who have to go when school is out.

AgentC
04-05-2015, 10:16 AM
After my experience this week I would classify the Easter week crowds as mainly a Magic Kingdom event.

My daughter's first grade class had a field to Animal Kingdom on 4-2-15. Same day as the original post in this thread. I didn't think anything about it until I realized it was the week before Easter and my children's seasonal passes were blocked out. I usually don't go around holiday so I was worried.

The teachers gave us the passes the morning of the trip but MDE was down so I couldn't link the 1 day passes and get FP until almost 9:30 on a day the park was open at 8.

At that point there were no FP left for the Safari so I booked It's A Bug's Life, Festival of the Lion King and Dinosaur. I was really worried because the safari was showing a 60 minute wait and we had a little girl with us who had never been. Turned out I had nothing to worry about.

The park was busy but not the worst I've seen. We had lunch at Tusker House and it was only about 3/4 full. After our FP to Lion King at around 5pm, MDE said 20 minutes for the safari. It ended up being a 5-10 minute wait.

Saturday (4-4) I met Melanie and her son at DHS. I didn't get there until 3:30. True the FP were gone for Tower of Terror, Toy Story, Rock N Roller but that would be true on a lot of Saturdays at that time. We walked on Great Movie Ride, Star Tours and Muppets. At 6 Toy Story had a 55 minute wait which really isn't bad.

So for those two parks, I wouldn't classify it as worst than an average day.

BigRedDad
04-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Hence my reasons not to be in a park after lunch time this Summer. It won't be this busy, but it is not something I will do. Hit the rides early and fast (Commando style), do what we need to by noon-ish and enjoy the resort until night time.

thejens
04-06-2015, 02:52 AM
My first visits to WDW were always spring break/Easter week. Thanks to Intercot and all here, it was always wonderful. Great weather, flower and garden festival, and a great plan. The key is to be at parks when they open, use fast pass and have your ADRs. Yes, a lot of planning. Hope folks without plans come in the fall. ;)

#1donaldfan
04-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Hence my reasons not to be in a park after lunch time this Summer. It won't be this busy, but it is not something I will do. Hit the rides early and fast (Commando style), do what we need to by noon-ish and enjoy the resort until night time.

If you rope drop the park you will be fine getting onto most things without much of a wait, so you don't have to go in dragging the kids down Main Street running over unsuspecting people. ( that was a joke, by the way ). Rope drop is kinda crazy in itself but once through the throngs of people it's nice and relaxing, till around noon. You should be fine.....:cool: