PDA

View Full Version : magic bands

minnie04
04-02-2015, 10:08 AM
I just renewed our passes and I have two magic bands that will be here by early next week. I am doing the other 3 today. I don’t think they will be here in time to go next Friday. Can I use an old band? Will it have the new info on it? I wanted to get fast passes for Friday :mickey:

joonyer
04-02-2015, 11:18 AM
If they don't have time to be shipped, you can pick them at WDW when you check in.

Speedy1998
04-02-2015, 12:38 PM
I believe you can use the old bands, they are linked to the MDE account, they do not actually have the info on them.

Fangorn
04-02-2015, 01:10 PM
You will get new bands with the renewal, but you don't have to use them. The old ones will work just fine. Any active band that you have is interchangeable with every other active band. There is actually no data stored on the bands - just an ID number that allows access to your MDE account. You can have multiple bands and/or cards linked to your MDE account. In fact, you have to specifically de-activate a band if you want it to not be usable. They don't go away automatically.

In your case, your old bands should work just fine. The new expiration date of the renewed APs should show up in the MDE account without you having to do anything.

Steve

minnie04
04-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Perfect thanks everyone!!:mickey:

micheleculpepper
04-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Yes, you can use old magic bands! Simply check in at the front desk of your hotel and bring all the bands you want to use. The Cast member will then verify and make active all of the bands that you need.

:mickey:

Ramblingman
04-22-2015, 02:38 PM
If you have a login on disney.com, you will see all your magic bands listed there under My Disney Experience. I think the bands last for a year and are interchangeable.