PDA

View Full Version : FP+ offsite

waymickey
04-02-2015, 10:02 AM
I am planning my first offsite Disney trip in 20 years. I have stayed onsite many many times. I feel lost trying to figure out the FP+ and magic bands for offsite. I am not buying the tickets through Disney I am using one of the very trusted sites to get the tickets at a small discount. I plan on buying Magic bands through the Disney store. We are driving our DD for a internship at Disney and doing a small vacation before.

So here are my questions: What will be mailed to my home a plastic type ticket?

What is "linking" and how do I link?

When can I make FP+ reservations?

Do I need to download the MDE APP to do all this?

My smart phone is rather dumb so will it work?

Sorry about the questions I am so lost. I feel like a fool:chip:

Speedy1998
04-02-2015, 12:45 PM
What will be mailed to my home a plastic type ticket? Yes

What is "linking" and how do I link? You create an account on My Disney Experience and link your tickets. There are directions on the ticket

When can I make FP+ reservations? 30 days out

Do I need to download the MDE APP to do all this? No you can use the website on your computer

John
04-02-2015, 12:57 PM
I will add - that while you don't need a smartphone to do this - you WILL have to use the kiosks in he park as the dumbphone isn't going to get it done.

So, changing things on the fly or adding new experiences might be a little bit more of a hassle than it would be otherwise if you had a phone app.

Linking is the process of adding all the tickets to an account so you can reserve the same rides/shows etc at the same time - rather than individually.

Don't feel like a fool - the new system IS a bit confusing.

Fangorn
04-02-2015, 01:01 PM
if you are not staying on Disney property, then you can only make FP+ 30 days out. 60 days is for Disney Resort guests.

Steve

Disney4us2
04-02-2015, 01:23 PM
My smart phone is not so smart. I use my iPad mini with the MDE app to make my FP's. Works great.

waymickey
04-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the help!:mickey:

What about parking? If I plan to park hop and drive my car, do I have to pay for parking at every park? I have always used disney transportation?

Fangorn
04-06-2015, 03:07 PM
You only have to pay parking once per day. If you drive and park hop, save your receipt from the first park. When you get to the second park, show the CM your receipt. That will get you into the parking lot.

Steve

Speedy1998
04-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Just a warning so you do not get sticker shock, parking is up to $17 per day.

manutd1
04-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Just a warning so you do not get sticker shock, parking is up to $17 per day.
Not at the contemporary......:) I just had to say that!! :mickey:

waymickey
04-08-2015, 12:48 PM
is there anywhere I can park and not pay 17 a day? Like maybe downtown Disney?

PopPhan
04-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Not at the contemporary......:) I just had to say that!! :mickey:

Resort parking is for people staying at that resort or visiting that resort ONLY. It is not to get out of paying parking fees to go to the park(s).

is there anywhere I can park and not pay 17 a day? Like maybe downtown Disney?

No. Downtown Disney parking is for patrons of DTD establishments ONLY. There have even been rumors that you will have to have your MagicBand scanned to get on a bus at DTD to go to a resort. NOTE: Buses from DTD go ONLY to resorts, not parks.