PDA

View Full Version : Adjoining Rooms

lawgirl
04-01-2015, 09:11 PM
What is the likelihood of getting a request for adjoining rooms granted? I'm looking at booking 2 Studio villa rooms at AKL vs. a 1 bedroom (2 studios are cheaper than a 2 bedroom villa), and am wondering how likely it will be to get adjoining rooms. I've never had an issue getting adjoining rooms before, but I don't want to risk it.

Thanks!

Strmchsr
04-02-2015, 07:47 AM
It's not guaranteed but I've never not had it happen when I requested it. I don't if the villa might make a difference vs. regular rooms but I'd think your chances are pretty good.

lawgirl
04-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Thanks!!

LynneM
04-02-2015, 03:24 PM
People often use the terms 'adjoining' and 'connecting' interchangeably......

If you want adjoining rooms (rooms that are near each other), your chances are very good.

If you want connecting rooms - rooms with an internal connecting door so that you can go from one room to the other without going out into the corridor - there's no chance at all. There are no connecting studios at AKV.

VWL Mom
04-02-2015, 04:38 PM
There are no connecting studios at AKV.

You are correct, the only DVC property with connecting studios is PVB and they are not guaranteed. The studios at the other properties connect to 1 bedroom units to make a 2 bedroom lockoff.

lawgirl
04-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Good to know. That does change it for me...that won't work for sure! Thanks for the info!

VWL Mom
04-03-2015, 08:53 PM
If you do decide to do stick with a deluxe and just change room size WL has a great new Kids Splash Pad your little ones might enjoy.