PDA

View Full Version : How do you make fast passes in two parks?

Catzle
04-01-2015, 12:16 PM
We have park hopper tickets how can we do one fast pass in morning in one park and then the other two in another park on the same day?

Speedy1998
04-01-2015, 12:24 PM
No, you can only do your initial 3 Fastpasses in one park.

After you use those 3 have been used, or expire, you can get another fastpass at on of the Fastpass kiosk in the park.

Catzle
04-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Can I only make one at one park and then go to another park and use the kiosk for the other two? Really don't want the other two but there were no other choices.

joonyer
04-01-2015, 12:55 PM
The system forces you into 3 choices. Nobody can explain why. But you don't have to use any that you don't want. You just can't make another until all of the first three have been used, OR their time for use has expired. Currently this includes getting a 4th one in another park.

So if you only want one in park 1, then make the other two that you don't really care about as early as possible. Then you can go to park 2 and try to get a 4th and subsequent FP's in that park. Keep in mind that there will most likely be NO FPs available for the most popular attractions in park 2 by the time you get there, especially during busy seasons.

minnie04
04-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Can I only make one at one park and then go to another park and use the kiosk for the other two? Really don't want the other two but there were no other choices.

what I do if I really only want one ride in a park, is book the other rides super early so they will expire and I can make other choices in a different park. :mickey:

PopPhan
04-01-2015, 02:13 PM

Short answer....No.

You have to make all 3 at one park. As others have said, make all 3 as early as possible in the park you wish to visit first, then, once those have been used or expire, you can go to another park and TRY to get FP+ options -- ONE AT A TIME -- for what you want to ride there.

cookiet74
04-01-2015, 02:42 PM
The system forces you into 3 choices. Nobody can explain why. But you don't have to use any that you don't want. You just can't make another until all of the first three have been used, OR their time for use has expired. Currently this includes getting a 4th one in another park.

So if you only want one in park 1, then make the other two that you don't really care about as early as possible. Then you can go to park 2 and try to get a 4th and subsequent FP's in that park. Keep in mind that there will most likely be NO FPs available for the most popular attractions in park 2 by the time you get there, especially during busy seasons.

You can always select three, and when accessing MyDisneyExperience from a computer and not a mobile device, you do have the option to cancel some of the FP+ and still keep 1 of them

PopPhan
04-01-2015, 03:38 PM
You can always select three, and when accessing MyDisneyExperience from a computer and not a mobile device, you do have the option to cancel some of the FP+ and still keep 1 of them

:welcome: to INTERCOT!!!!

If keeping 1 (or more), then the rest must be USED or EXPIRED. Cancelled does not work unless ALL 3 are cancelled.

You cannot book an FP+ option in another park until 3 are used or expired in the park where you picked your first FP+ option. If the ones you have booked in the first park are cancelled, unless you cancel ALL 3, you cannot make FP+ picks in another park.

mommy2maddi
04-01-2015, 09:47 PM
We get park hoppers and feel that we are essentially getting jipped by not being able to schedule FP+ for more than one park in a day. Hoping Disney will fix this flaw.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
04-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Welcome to everyone's challenge.
Does anyone know if there is there any discussion of changing this current process?

jans2kids
04-02-2015, 08:33 AM
The way we did it was since we only wanted one ride in the first park (Epcot) was to get there early and wait in the stand by line. We had planned to go to MK later in the day so we just made the 3 fast pass choices for MK. When we arrived later ion the day and the lines were longer we knew we had at least 3 rides we could go on with short waits

PopPhan
04-02-2015, 09:17 AM
We get park hoppers and feel that we are essentially getting jipped by not being able to schedule FP+ for more than one park in a day. Hoping Disney will fix this flaw.

How are you getting gypped? With the prior incarnation of FP, you had to be physically in the park you wanted FP for to get them. How is this any different?

I don't understand some of the complaints about this. "It's a free beer party and you're complaining about the brand."

manutd1
04-02-2015, 03:36 PM
How are you getting gypped? With the prior incarnation of FP, you had to be physically in the park you wanted FP for to get them. How is this any different?

I don't understand some of the complaints about this. "It's a free beer party and you're complaining about the brand."
Oh, my you took the words out of my mouth!! Thats what I don't get...You couldn't get the only FP's unless you were in that given park....to begin with.
There is no flaw. It works how its supposed to. Use the first three....or let them expire...(pick early ones!) then park hop and get more..like its always been done in the past.

EeyoresBestFriend
04-02-2015, 09:23 PM
We just got back from the first time using this new FP system.

Not as bad as I thought it would be. If you booked your FP for lunch or later and then hit rope drop at any Park, you could pretty much walk onto most rides for the first few hours. Just make sure that you FP the rides that have always been tough to get on. They are still the same and nice to have FP for.

wdwfansince75
04-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Just an observation for the moderators...
The correct spelling is gypped, and in case no one has noticed, its derivation is an ethnic slur...probably shouldn't be used in polite (or politically correct) company.

DisneyGiant
04-03-2015, 12:41 PM

Oh, my you took the words out of my mouth!! Thats what I don't get...You couldn't get the only FP's unless you were in that given park....to begin with.
There is no flaw. It works how its supposed to. Use the first three....or let them expire...(pick early ones!) then park hop and get more..like its always been done in the past.

We kind of feel that the park hoppers aren't worth the value they once were because the of the FP+ program.

With the original way - everyone had a shot at the fast passes equally - and they really only got distributed early or "sold out" for a few amount of attractions - Toy Story, Soarin, Test Track to name a few..... but when you got to the second park - you had a shot at them.

Now - for the fourth fast pass - you really don't have a shot at anything "E ticket...." that is kind of annoying.

I'd be happy with the program overall if they bumped up the FP+ to 5 (which I say here on these boards every chance I get lol).

The problem is - the FP+ program really exposed Epcot & the Studios to the lack of attractions..... And until they fix that - its going to be problematic......

My two cents :mickey:

lindique
04-03-2015, 03:53 PM
Since you now realize that you can't get fastpasses for two different parks until the first 3 have expired, I recommend the following:

Make your 3 fastpasses for the second park. Then go to the first park in the morning and get in the standby line for the other ride. Unless you're going on a holiday week, the line shouldn't be too bad in the morning.

On days that I'm planning to switch parks, I always make the fastpasses for the second park. The standby lines seem to be the longest during the late afternoon.:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
04-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Since you now realize that you can't get fastpasses for two different parks until the first 3 have expired, I recommend the following:

Make your 3 fastpasses for the second park. Then go to the first park in the morning and get in the standby line for the other ride. Unless you're going on a holiday week, the line shouldn't be too bad in the morning.Yes, this was our strategy too. And if you want to go standby on more than one popular attraction in a park in the morning, be at the park 30 minutes before it opens, even with early entry. Not 30 minutes or even 10 minutes after opening--believe me, with rides like Toy Story or Test Track, it will make a big difference in how long the standby lines will be even shortly after opening.

I would also suggest making your Fastpasses as close together as you are comfortable with, if you want to have any chance of getting more Fastpasses to other attractions.

How are you getting gypped? With the prior incarnation of FP, you had to be physically in the park you wanted FP for to get them. How is this any different?There is a difference. The way it is set up now with FP+ the majority of available Fastpasses to the most popular attractions are gone even before the parks open on any given day. The chance that you could use all three of your Fastpasses at one park then park-hop, even at an early hour, and get a Fastpass at a kiosk for one of these attractions is pretty much zilch. And in most cases there is a line at the kiosks to get Fastpasses! At least before you had a shot at another desirable Fastpass if you park-hopped fairly early in the day. Now, not so much.

Honestly, is there really any reason that the FP+ system can't be set up so that you can make your first three Fastpass reservations across the parks? Tie it to the type of admission entry being used. If you register a park-hopper or annual pass, allow multi-park Fastpass reservations. If you register a single-park pass, allow reservations only at one park. Doesn't sound like rocket science to me. :doh:

MNNHFLTX
04-03-2015, 05:48 PM
I wanted to add this this is definitely not a free beer party. You are paying for it and then some. ;)

Seriously, Bud, I will be interested to hear your observations after you get back from your trip in May. I was surprised that I liked the Magic Band system as much as I did on our trip last month. But I did not like FP+.

PopPhan
04-03-2015, 10:57 PM
I wanted to add this this is definitely not a free beer party. You are paying for it and then some. ;)

Seriously, Bud, I will be interested to hear your observations after you get back from your trip in May. I was surprised that I liked the Magic Band system as much as I did on our trip last month. But I did not like FP+.

My comment was geared more to how FP+ is the free beer party. It costs you no more for FP+ than it did for the original FastPass and no more than it costs to not use it at all.

I have already used MagicBands and FP+ on my trip back in Dec. 2013. I had no problem with the implementation of either of them. I thought both worked out very nicely. That is part of the reason I don't see where all the complaints are coming from.

To be perfectly honest, I would not mind one bit if they dumped the FastPass/FP+ program altogether. Then everyone would have the same opportunity to enjoy every attraction.

rwdavis2
04-07-2015, 09:49 AM

What we plan to do make all the FP reservations at the second park and get to the first park at rope drop.

manutd1
04-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Just an observation for the moderators...
The correct spelling is gypped, and in case no one has noticed, its derivation is an ethnic slur...probably shouldn't be used in polite (or politically correct) company.
:sick: really?