PDA

View Full Version : Idea For Autographs Needed

Butchiem1
04-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

I don't know if I am posting in the correct Board, But here goes.

Me and my DD are going to the World on May 3 and we will be going to see alot of characters and would of course want autographs.

My question - I do not want to carry around an autograph book with us and was wondering if anyone had ideas of other things that we can use to get signatures on that will be easy to either wear on us or easily put in a pocket. Someone had suggested a white cotton skirt that we can fold in our pocket or she can wear over her shorts and pull out when we get to the characters.

All ideas will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Nathan

BigRedDad
04-01-2015, 11:33 AM
With efficiency as the main criteria, I have seen people use pillow cases. They fold up small enough for a pocket. You just need to be sure the ink dries before folding and put it in a baggie in case of rain or other chances of it getting wet.

Tick-Tock
04-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Just a caution, I've heard before that the characters are not allowed to sign anything that you're actually wearing at the time.

Butchiem1
04-01-2015, 01:32 PM
I knew about the rule that they can't sign something you are wearing, thats why I figured I could put a shirt or skirt folded in my pocket, or even let my daughter wear it over something else and just take it off when we see a character

Sweetpea29488
04-01-2015, 02:24 PM
We've taken a 5x7 mat that you put in a picture frame and had the characters sign this, then we took a picture of us in front of the castle and put that picture in the frame with the mat that the characters signed.

barbiegirl314
04-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Last year when we went I bought my youngest son a Phinneas and Ferb Hat ( it was the fedora hat that Perry wears) and we brought a black sharpie and the characters signed that.

whitney37354
04-01-2015, 03:46 PM
We take spiral bound index cards & a couple of "clickable" Sharpies. Easy to throw in a small backpack.

Paiges
04-03-2015, 11:46 PM
Last time we went, my kids picked out hats (two chose baseball caps, one chose another type) from Michael's craft store and wore them to the parks (They took them off to get autographs.) It worked great! :thumbsup:

tundramom
04-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Just a question? How is carrying around a shirt, pillowcase, hat, etc. any more convenient than an autograph book? Not criticizing here, just not following the logic. We did the picture mat thing on the cruise and love it, however not sure I could keep it from getting bent up during a day in the parks. T-shirt is nice but unless you plan on never wearing you need to use Sharpie Rub-a-Dub laundry marker and even those fade with washings. Wow, I sound a bit like a Debbie-Downer here, but honestly, I just can't stop my practical side. Enjoy whatever you decide!!

Paiges
04-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Our kids wore their hats unless they were getting an autograph - didn't have to be carried and kept the sun off!

DonaldDuckUSA
04-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Another vote for a cap! You can take it off when you get to the characters and put it on when you walk away. You don't have to worry about carrying anything.