PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling Question

MrPeetrie
03-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I have a scheduling question:

If we have ADRs for the Hoop Dee Doo Review at 6:15 pm, will we be able to get back to the Magic Kingdom in time to see the Main Street Electrical Parade at 11:00 pm? (We've never seen it.)

If memory serves me, it takes longer than I think to exit Pioneer Hall, walk to ferry, boat-ride back to Magic Kingdom, then enter and find a spot. Also, doesn't the 9:00 pm. parade BEGIN at Main Street, meaning we need to be there around 8:30. Please, let me know if I'm being too ambitious with my schedule.

Thanks.

Main Street Jim
03-30-2015, 09:46 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I have a scheduling question:

If we have ADRs for the Hoop Dee Doo Review at 6:15 pm, will we be able to get back to the Magic Kingdom in time to see the Main Street Electrical Parade at 11:00 pm? (We've never seen it.).....wait....what?! :P

If memory serves me, it takes longer than I think to exit Pioneer Hall, walk to ferry, boat-ride back to Magic Kingdom, then enter and find a spot. Also, doesn't the 9:00 pm. parade BEGIN at Main Street, meaning we need to be there around 8:30. Please, let me know if I'm being too ambitious with my schedule.

Thanks.You should be fine. Both night parades start at Main Street. Shouldn't take more than about 30-45 minutes to get back to MK. You'll actually head to the FtW *launch*, not the ferry. Ferry is at TTC. :)

MrPeetrie
03-31-2015, 02:10 PM
Thanks, Main Street Jim.

(I mis-spoke. I meant boat launch and not Ferry.)

Main Street Jim
04-01-2015, 10:43 PM
If we have ADRs for the Hoop Dee Doo Review at 6:15 pm, will we be able to get back to the Magic Kingdom in time to see the Main Street Electrical Parade at 11:00 pm?

Also, doesn't the 9:00 pm parade BEGIN at Main Street, meaning we need to be there around 8:30?I *just* now caught this..Do you want to be back at the park at the *9:00* parade, or the *11:00* parade?

If you want the 11:00 parade, you've got plenty of time.

If you want the 9:00 parade, you might be cutting it close. I always recommend *at least* an hour's travel time from resort-to-park, park-to-park, etc. That means you would need to leave the HdDR at 8:00 and get to the launch by about 8:15. I don't recall how long the HdDR show runs right off-hand. Not only that, but, Main Street will probably be *packed*, and you'll need/want to head toward Liberty Square or Frontierland by that time.

mustBgoofy
04-01-2015, 11:10 PM
You will be back for the 11 parade. We always choose the 615 showing for HDDR and then we walk down to the beach. We watch the electrical water parade and then board the boat to the MK. While on the boat, the fireworks are normally going off in the MK and it is kinda neat to see it from outside of the park. Then, we go in while a lot of families are exiting! We've always gotten a bench to sit on for the 11 parade! It is so magical to not have a large crowd (even during spring break week)!

MrPeetrie
04-04-2015, 03:12 PM
I *just* now caught this..Do you want to be back at the park at the *9:00* parade, or the *11:00* parade?

If you want the 11:00 parade, you've got plenty of time.

If you want the 9:00 parade, you might be cutting it close. I always recommend *at least* an hour's travel time from resort-to-park, park-to-park, etc. That means you would need to leave the HdDR at 8:00 and get to the launch by about 8:15. I don't recall how long the HdDR show runs right off-hand. Not only that, but, Main Street will probably be *packed*, and you'll need/want to head toward Liberty Square or Frontierland by that time.

That's what I was fearing (making it back for the 9:00 parade.) It would be great if we made it back in time, but I doubt it if it's doable.

mydisneygirls
04-07-2015, 10:38 AM
I would say just go for it. HDDR show lasts 2 hours which would end at 8:15, boat ride over to MK, 20 mins (if you get one right away), you may make it there right about 9. Even if you miss the very beginning, you'll make it for most of the parade. There should be a spot somewhere at the beginning of Main Street or up at the train station.

Main Street Jim
04-07-2015, 06:03 PM
There should be a spot somewhere at the beginning of Main Street or up at the train station.Not for the first parade...you'd be better off heading out to Frontierland...

MrPeetrie
04-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Main Street Jim, If we miss the 9:00 parade and decide to stay for the 11:00, where does the second parade begin? Frontierland? Or Main Street?

Main Street Jim
04-08-2015, 04:30 PM
They both step off at Main Street.