PDA

View Full Version : AKL Kidani

SueQ
03-30-2015, 08:42 AM
We have a studio villa with standard view booked for October 25th - 31st. Has anyone stayed at AKL Kidani before? How is it? I've heard that there could be looooong walks to room, pool and to the Jambo section.

TheDuckRocks
03-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Loooooooooooooooog walks only begins to cover it. From the elevator to our room was 7/10ths of a mile. My hubby was wearing a pedometer. I have to use an ECV and 2 evenings after a day at the park, the battery died about 6 rooms down from ours. It was not easy to push that thing the rest of the way.

AgentC
03-30-2015, 12:27 PM
First, I love love Kidani. It is a beautiful resort with a great pool/water area. Depending on where your room is the what can be very short or very long.

Kidani is set up like a round W. The lobby is in the center. The pool area is to the left of center . If you are in the first 4 sections on the left, you are very central to everything. If you are on the left after that is starts to get quite far. On the right the first section or two is pretty close.

When we stayed we had a car so it wasn't a big deal. We parked near our room (we were on the right U) and drove over to the parking near the pool when we used it.

There is a bus that runs from Kidani to Jambo. The distance between the two is reported to be about 1/3 of mile when you take the path but I never walked it so I can not confirm.

Priority Four
03-30-2015, 01:25 PM
It is about the same a BWV. . You can get a long way away from an elevator. Always took the shuttle to Jambo.

bob6572
03-31-2015, 02:50 PM
It's definitely a walk to Jambo House. Maybe 10 mins. It all depends where your room is as far as the elevator issue. We were right in the middle of one of the first sections so we had a quick walk to the lobby elevator or the parking garage elevator.

SBETigg
03-31-2015, 03:21 PM
I stayed here in early March and I loved it! Our room (Kidani 1 BR Sunset Savanna view) wasn't far from the elevator, close to the lobby. There is a shuttle from Kidani to Jambo that makes things much easier. It's really an easy jaunt by shuttle. We loved the atmosphere and spent a lot of time at both Kidani and Jambo.

Donald_Quackers
03-31-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm staying at Kidani for the first time at the end of May for SWW and can't wait to get there.

Hope we don't get a room with a long walk, but in any case, we'll be there so it'll work out.

PlutoPlanet
04-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Yes, there is a 10 minute walk from Kadani to Jambo. Echoing a previous post, Kandani is still a beautiful and unique resort. Enjoy the stay. It is worth it.

Donald_Quackers
04-03-2015, 12:28 PM
I was taking about the walk to the room from the lobby more than anything else. I can't wait!

seanyred
04-14-2015, 05:01 PM
If you have a car the room location will not be a big deal. You will be able to park close to an elevator under the hotel. Its super easy to get in out. If no car just ask to be close to the lobby.

Priority Four
04-17-2015, 01:17 PM
X2 on the car thing. The parking at Kidani is the best of any resort. Covered and close.

Christine
04-18-2015, 10:16 PM
I love Kidani. The walks are very pleasant.